Caid 2nd Quarter Report for Target Archery

  • Jessica E Baas
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 14, 2010

      SCA Name: THL Christina O'Cleary

      Legal Name: Jessica Baas

      Office: Minister of Archers

      Warrant expiration: January 2011, will change offices at 12th Night

      Membership #139957, expires 2/28/13

      Post: 4227 W. 147th St #A, Lawndale, CA 90260

      Phone: 310.480.7155

      We are still working on updating our database. Yearly reports for Range Marshals were due on 6/1 and so far I have received 31 reports from active Range Marshals. I know of at least 10 others with reports pending. Of those who have submitted reports, 20 are Senior Range Marshals. We have approximately 120 active archers Kingdom wide with many more trying archery at least once.

      We have no issues or injuries to report.

      Our new handbook is going over well and people are liking our simplified authorizations (verbal instead of written).

      Events with archery in the last quarter:

      Arts & Archery, February 20

      Queen's Champion, February 21 (rescheduled from December 09 due to weather)

      Kings Hunt, April 2-4

      Potrero War, May 28-31 (Reported 165 archers coming to the range throughout the war!)

      Gyldenholt Anniversary, June 12

      We have one territorial change of office coming up, Baron Malcolm Alberic will be stepping up as Captain in Dreiburgen within the next month. He is new Range Marshal, but has extensive experience as an RMiT, and is both an Armored and Rapier marshal. He recently ended his term as Baron of Dreiburgen and will be filling a position that has been vacant for almost a year.

      I am still searching for a deputy as my intended deputy is now most likely unable to take the position due to health concerns. I have spoken with a few potential candidates and will hopefully have made a decision in the next few months.

      In Service to Caid and the Society,

      THL Christina O'Cleary

    • Linda Holm
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 23, 2010
        Report received.  Thank you.
        Lynette

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 8 7:05 PM
          Kingdom: Ansteorra

          Report Date: September 9, 2010

          SCA Name: Michel mac Donnchaid

          Office: Missile Marshal

          Warrant Expiration Date: As the Crown decrees (Normally warranted per reign for up to 2 years)
          Office was opened for application end of last quarter. No applications to date

          Membership #: 122828
          Membership Expiration: 31, Aug. 2013
          Legal Name: Mike Gideon
          Email address: missile@marshal. ansteorra. org
          Postal address: 514 North B Street, Duncan OK 73533
          Phone:580-252- 2520

          Summary of Status of Target Archery in your Kingdom

          Number and Names of events this past quarter with Target Archery.
          4 Events:

          Barony of the Steppes "Steppes Warlord"    26 archers
          Shire of Adlersruhe "Lady of the Lake"     12 archers
          Shire of Shadowlands "Just Cause Tourney"   8 archers
          Wiesenfeuer/Namron "Grand Assembly of Archer no report yet (event was August 27-29)

          At least 3 groups hold weekly practices (unless weather or events prevent), and at least 4 others hold regular (usually monthly) practices

          Number and Names of Interkingdom events this past quarter
          None

          Any Problems, incidents, or concerns
          None.

          Participant Data:
          Targets Archers in Royal Rounds Database: 250 (up from 235 for last quarter)
          Target Archery Marshals: 58
          Target Archery Authorization Marshals: 20
          Currently 33 archers with 46 official Royal Rounds rankings across all divisions even with the extreme heat and humidity during this last quarter.

          Summary of Status of Thrown Weapons in your Kingdom

          Number and Names of events this past quarter with Thrown Weapons
          1 Events:

          Steppes Warlord       20 participants

          At least 3 groups hold weekly practices (unless weather or events prevent),

          Any Problems, incidents, or concerns
          None.

          Participant Data:
          Thrown Weapons Marshals:28
          Thrown Weapons Authorization Marshals: 15.

          Royal Rounds for Thrown Weapons still in progress. Integration into the current Royal Rounds reporting system is underway

          My office has been accepting applications for the last quarter (close date has passed) without application

          Yours in Service,

          Michel
        • chris & sher
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 9 3:33 PM
            Thanks for you report but, I am the Northern Oaken Archery Marshal, within the Middle Kingdom.  I think you sent this to me by mistake.
            Lady Cherise

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 9 3:43 PM
              I posted it to the SCA-Archery yahoo group as requested by Society DEM Target Archery and Thrown Weapons
              Mistress Lynette Dave'jean.

              Baron Michel mac Donnchaid
              Ansteorra Kingdom Missile Marshal(from my personal email address)

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 9 3:45 PM
                Pardon the multiple postings. and ALWAYS ALWAYS look at the TO: field BEFORE clicking send...

                Michel the red faced

              • chris & sher
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 10 3:04 PM
                  Don't worry about it.  I wish every archer who reports to me did as nice a job reporting as you do!
                  Cherise