Ansteorra 2nd Quarter 2010 report Target Archery & Thrown Weapons

  • Mike Gideon
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 10 3:29 PM

      Kingdom: Ansteorra
      Report Date: June 10, 2010
      SCA Name: Michel mac Donnchaid
      Office: Missile Marshal
      Warrant Expiration Date: As the Crown decrees (Normally warranted per reign for up to 2 years)
      Membership #: 122828
      Membership Expiration: 31, Aug. 2013
      Legal Name: Mike Gideon
      Email address: missile@...
      Postal address: 514 North B Street, Duncan OK 73533
      Phone:580-252-2520

      Summary of Status of Target Archery in your Kingdom

      Some gains in authorized combat archers.

      Number and Names of events this past quarter with Target Archery.
      6 Events:
      Stargate/Loch Baronials 14 archers
      Eldern XXXII 8 archers
      Champions of Bonwicke 8 archers
      Castellan    25 archers
      Namron's Beltane Games 60 archers
      Glaslyn's Defender of the Flame 14 archers

      At least 2 groups hold weekly practices (unless weather or events prevent), and at least 3 others hold regular but not weekly practices
      Additionally another 3 groups holding sporadic practices

      Number and Names of Interkingdom events this past quarter
      1    Gulf War with excellent showing by Ansteorran archers at the Grand Exhibition Tourney

      Any Problems, incidents, or concerns
      None.

      Participant Data:
      Targets Archers in Royal Rounds Database: 235 (up from 209 for 1st quarter)
      Target Archery Marshals: 57
      Target Archery Authorization Marshals: 19
      Currently 30 archers with Royal Rounds rankings in one or more areas (down due mostly to bad weather during last quarter and some have "fallen off" due to not having away score in     the last 12 months.

      My office is currently accepting applications (close date to be determined by Earl Marshal)

      Yours in Service,

      Michel
    • Jessica E Baas
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 14 8:47 AM

        SCA Name: THL Christina O'Cleary

        Legal Name: Jessica Baas

        Office: Minister of Archers

        Warrant expiration: January 2011, will change offices at 12th Night

        Membership #139957, expires 2/28/13

        Post: 4227 W. 147th St #A, Lawndale, CA 90260

        Phone: 310.480.7155

        We are still working on updating our database. Yearly reports for Range Marshals were due on 6/1 and so far I have received 31 reports from active Range Marshals. I know of at least 10 others with reports pending. Of those who have submitted reports, 20 are Senior Range Marshals. We have approximately 120 active archers Kingdom wide with many more trying archery at least once.

        We have no issues or injuries to report.

        Our new handbook is going over well and people are liking our simplified authorizations (verbal instead of written).

        Events with archery in the last quarter:

        Arts & Archery, February 20

        Queen's Champion, February 21 (rescheduled from December 09 due to weather)

        Kings Hunt, April 2-4

        Potrero War, May 28-31 (Reported 165 archers coming to the range throughout the war!)

        Gyldenholt Anniversary, June 12

        We have one territorial change of office coming up, Baron Malcolm Alberic will be stepping up as Captain in Dreiburgen within the next month. He is new Range Marshal, but has extensive experience as an RMiT, and is both an Armored and Rapier marshal. He recently ended his term as Baron of Dreiburgen and will be filling a position that has been vacant for almost a year.

        I am still searching for a deputy as my intended deputy is now most likely unable to take the position due to health concerns. I have spoken with a few potential candidates and will hopefully have made a decision in the next few months.

        In Service to Caid and the Society,

        THL Christina O'Cleary

      • Linda Holm
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 23 10:15 AM
          Report received.  Thank you.
          Lynette

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 8, 2010
            Kingdom: Ansteorra

            Report Date: September 9, 2010

            SCA Name: Michel mac Donnchaid

            Office: Missile Marshal

            Warrant Expiration Date: As the Crown decrees (Normally warranted per reign for up to 2 years)
            Office was opened for application end of last quarter. No applications to date

            Email address: missile@marshal. ansteorra. org
            Postal address: 514 North B Street, Duncan OK 73533
            Phone:580-252- 2520

            Summary of Status of Target Archery in your Kingdom

            Number and Names of events this past quarter with Target Archery.
            4 Events:

            Barony of the Steppes "Steppes Warlord"    26 archers
            Shire of Adlersruhe "Lady of the Lake"     12 archers
            Shire of Shadowlands "Just Cause Tourney"   8 archers
            Wiesenfeuer/Namron "Grand Assembly of Archer no report yet (event was August 27-29)

            At least 3 groups hold weekly practices (unless weather or events prevent), and at least 4 others hold regular (usually monthly) practices

            Number and Names of Interkingdom events this past quarter
            None

            Any Problems, incidents, or concerns
            None.

            Participant Data:
            Targets Archers in Royal Rounds Database: 250 (up from 235 for last quarter)
            Target Archery Marshals: 58
            Target Archery Authorization Marshals: 20
            Currently 33 archers with 46 official Royal Rounds rankings across all divisions even with the extreme heat and humidity during this last quarter.

            Summary of Status of Thrown Weapons in your Kingdom

            Number and Names of events this past quarter with Thrown Weapons
            1 Events:

            Steppes Warlord       20 participants

            At least 3 groups hold weekly practices (unless weather or events prevent),

            Any Problems, incidents, or concerns
            None.

            Participant Data:
            Thrown Weapons Marshals:28
            Thrown Weapons Authorization Marshals: 15.

            Royal Rounds for Thrown Weapons still in progress. Integration into the current Royal Rounds reporting system is underway

            My office has been accepting applications for the last quarter (close date has passed) without application

            Yours in Service,

            Michel
          • chris & sher
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
              Thanks for you report but, I am the Northern Oaken Archery Marshal, within the Middle Kingdom.  I think you sent this to me by mistake.
              Lady Cherise

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
                I posted it to the SCA-Archery yahoo group as requested by Society DEM Target Archery and Thrown Weapons
                Mistress Lynette Dave'jean.

                Baron Michel mac Donnchaid
                Ansteorra Kingdom Missile Marshal(from my personal email address)

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
                  Pardon the multiple postings. and ALWAYS ALWAYS look at the TO: field BEFORE clicking send...

                  Michel the red faced

                • chris & sher
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 10, 2010
                    Don't worry about it.  I wish every archer who reports to me did as nice a job reporting as you do!
                    Cherise