Re: [SCA-Archery] Road Trip

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2010
      Well you can see Atlantia's Calendar here:

      http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/calendar.php

      But you'll note that July/August are pretty dead for events comparatively.

      That's because in Atlantia, July is defined as "Everyone preparing for
      Pennsic" and August "Everyone recovering from Pennsic"

      I assume however if you are taking such a trip ... that you are working
      the 2 weeks of Pennsic into said trip, yes?

      Siegfried

      On 6/3/10 7:16 PM, George Ledbury wrote:
      > Greetings to the list
      > My lady and I are planning a road trip from An Tir to Atlantia in
      > July and August, we would like to know what events or get to gathers
      > we may be able to take in on our trip.
      > We are in no hurry and may take a month or six weeks for the trip
      > would love to meet some of the people that I see on the list. If any of
      > you can send me information on what and where things are happening we
      > will try to make as many events as we can.
      >
      > In Service to the Dream
      > Baron Gawin of Kevelioc
      > OGdS, OJdL, OGGS,
      > Ludicrous Bowman
      >

      > ------------------------------------

    • James of the Lake
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2010
        You do know that event information for major SCA events is available at sca.org, don't you? And for many kingdoms and local groups through their web sites that you can often access following links from sca.org.

        James

        On Jun 3, 2010, at 4:41 PM, George Ledbury wrote:

        > Dan Scheid wrote:
        >>
        >> what routes you plan to take?
        >> Damales
        >>
        >> On 6/3/2010 4:16 PM, George Ledbury wrote:
        >>
        >>> Greetings to the list
        >>> My lady and I are planning a road trip from An Tir to Atlantia in
        >>> July and August, we would like to know what events or get to gathers
        >>> we may be able to take in on our trip.
        >>> We are in no hurry and may take a month or six weeks for the trip
        >>> would love to meet some of the people that I see on the list. If any of
        >>> you can send me information on what and where things are happening we
        >>> will try to make as many events as we can.
        >>>
        >>> In Service to the Dream
        >>> Baron Gawin of Kevelioc
        >>> OGdS, OJdL, OGGS,
        >>> Ludicrous Bowman
        >>>

        > We will be going through Artemisia, Outlands Calontir and Meridies for
        > sure may make some side trips as well

      • ren_junkie
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2010
          Actually, your best bet for finding any major events here is www.atlantia.sca.org . I'm sure there's a lot of minor events and regular weekly/monthly gatherings going on throughout. As far as my Shire, the only event for this summer is about 6 moves...lol

          I wish we could manage to just take and meander the Knowne world....Sounds like fun.

          I know it wasn't terribly helpful, but I hope it helped some.

          Christopher

        • kburgess1@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2010

            A Simple Day in the Country

            Archery

            For the Ladys, a shoot targeting romance.

            For the Lords, a shoot using the food pyramid, the way it should be.

            For the kids, critters will be in there in abundance.

            And the rest of the day will be filled out with silly shoots.

            http://danscomputing.com/simpleday2010/

            july 23 / 25 (the weekend before land grab at pennsic)

            may be a bit far north but it is a good event.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
              You might check out Meridian events http://www.meridies.org/calendar.php Meridians are fairly consistant about having Live weapons (archery/thrown weapons) at their events. Of course Pennsic runs the first 2 weeks of August.

              My aged gassy dragon has become ill and I am seeking rides for Border Raids and Pennsic (from Lexington, KY). I will post a fuller *beg* message in more appropriate spots though. Due to transpo concerns, Simple Day may have to remain a dream for me. Sounds wonderful though.

              -Turgiua