Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Arrow Questions

  • Carolus
    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2010
      Exactly. Which is why I mentioned the Arizona brand. They are
      consistent out of the package and do not require "tuning" to perform
      well. I have found Bjorn (the original and most common snap nock brand)
      to suffer deformation and require consistent maintenance. Some of the
      others as well. Most archers will find the variations in shafts and
      style far more of an effect than the nocks. This is really a
      super-advanced performance issue. I would also look to be sure the same
      brand nock was used on all the arrows and that they were all clean. I
      have never seen this much variation in nock performance with well
      maintained equipment (not saying I don't believe you or that it didn't
      happen, but I would look for additional factors).
      Carolus