"Arrowstorm"

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2010

        Arrowstorm: The World of the Archer in the Hundred Years War
      by Wadge, Richard
      This book chronicles the overwhelming importance of the military archer in the major battles of the late medieval period. The longbow played a central role in the English victory at the battles of Crecy and Agincourt, and dominated the less well-known Battle of the Herrings in 1429. Used with complete disregarded for the chivalric code that governed war in the Middle Ages, the English longbow completely undermined the supremacy of heavy cavalry ...
      Hardback. Publisher's Price US$35.00, Our Price US$12.98
      Paperback. Publisher's Price US$35.00, Our Price US$12.98

      I have a copy of this and would recommend it. And I wish I had purchased it for this lower price.  :-(