bow mantainence

  • Edward deWitt
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2010
      I have an old Pearson fiberglass bow with a problem with a nock.  It seems to be shredding my bow string.  I can see a rough edge.  Should I try to file it smooth or will that just start it breaking away more fibers.  Or should I fill in the knock with something like epoxy and them file a new smooth groove?

      Thank you fro any guidance,
      Edward
      gene

    • George Bottorf
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2010
        Hello. Sand or file, depending on how much is needed. Do not remove much. You can take some 5 minute epoxy and rub it into the rough spot an lightly sand smooth after set-up. It's not rocket science. Just don't remove anymore than necessary! You can use a needle file or a chainsaw chainfile,1/8" dia, is good. Remember needle files are sharp pointed! Chainsaw files are not!!! Don't ask how I know... LOL. Give it a try. Enjoy. YIS, Abner.