Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Archery at events

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
      Brad, this is a YMMV - Each kingdom does this a little differently - In
      Atlantia as long as there is a warranted Marshal present on a range, we
      allow Royal Round scores to be submitted.

      It may not be an 'official' practice and therefore not covered under SCA
      insurance and therefore anyone else who is shooting there needs told:
      "Hey, this isn't an SCA practice"

      But we are still ok, if an Atlantian Authorized Marshal is present, for
      an Atlantian RR score to be taken, as they know how to run one by our
      rules. Doesn't matter if at official event/activity/practice or not.
      All that matters is that an Atlantian Marshal ran a RR by Atlantian Rules.

      Otherwise, it's kinda like saying that you aren't allowed to brew,
      unless at an official 'brewers guild' meeting. ;)

      Worse, before we had this change in the rules, we just had local
      newsletters that made statements such as:

      "Archery practice is every evening from 5pm to 11pm at the home of the
      Archery Marshal"

      or "Official archery practice happens non-stop in/around the location of
      wherever the archery marshal happens to be standing"

      Or other similar 'silly' things to get around making sure that if 5 guys
      end up at a range together, that they could record a score.

      Siegfried

      PS - Yes I realize many kingdoms are different. I understand some even
      require they only be at events. We see the royal rounds as a 'training
      aid' and therefore something that should be encouraged to do at all
      times for practicing.