Re: [SCA-Archery] archery during events

  • Cynthia Hines
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 7 6:37 AM
      Sir, I am hoping you are the same Blackmoon I met at the Kansas City Ren Fair close to 20 years ago. If you are would you mind responding at I would like to reconnect to a old friend.

      Cynthia

      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 15 1:18 PM
        I feel that it's not about the external awards and tokens that you get, it's about the internal satisfaction. I happen to know someone who spent twenty years as an SCA member (that's right 20) before getting an AoA. He had served as a Baronial archery captain for several years, run a few shoots at other events, was an archery champion of at least one territory and autocratted at least one archery tournament. After all that, he still wasn't sure that he deserved the award. Obviously he was having fun doing all this and likely felt that that fun was enough reward.
        Thus have I seen...
        -Allan Bluehood-