Re: [SCA-Archery] archery during events

  • Eadric Anstapa
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 6, 2010
      For me I expect the activities that are outlined in the event
      announcement, ad, web page. I KNOW that there will NOT be archery at
      every event I attend. Sometimes the absence of certain activities is the
      choice of the event organizers at other times it may be that the site
      cannot accommodate those activities.

      As a Combat Archer I accept that there will be combat archery at very
      few events.

      As a brewer I don't expect that there will be brewing
      competitions/circles at every event and accept that there will be a good
      number of events that are at dry sites where there will be no alcohol at
      all.

      Bottom line is that there are many events to attend and I can not
      possibly attend them all. I choose the ones I attend at least partially
      based on the activities they are advertising.

      -EA

      On 4/6/2010 11:52 PM, Kirby Campbell wrote:

      > So as an archer when you go to events you don’t expect any live
      > weapons or archery but if there is it’s a plus?
      >
      > ,___
    • Allan Bluehood of Woods End
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 15, 2010
        I feel that it's not about the external awards and tokens that you get, it's about the internal satisfaction. I happen to know someone who spent twenty years as an SCA member (that's right 20) before getting an AoA. He had served as a Baronial archery captain for several years, run a few shoots at other events, was an archery champion of at least one territory and autocratted at least one archery tournament. After all that, he still wasn't sure that he deserved the award. Obviously he was having fun doing all this and likely felt that that fun was enough reward.
        Thus have I seen...
        -Allan Bluehood-