Re: [SCA-Archery] archery during events

  • Dan Scheid
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 6, 2010
      maybe you can understand better by reading our calender it can be found here
      www.sca-caid.org
      Damales

      Kirby Campbell wrote:

      So as an archer when you go to events you don’t expect any live weapons or archery but if there is it’s a plus?

    • Allan Bluehood of Woods End
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 15, 2010
        I feel that it's not about the external awards and tokens that you get, it's about the internal satisfaction. I happen to know someone who spent twenty years as an SCA member (that's right 20) before getting an AoA. He had served as a Baronial archery captain for several years, run a few shoots at other events, was an archery champion of at least one territory and autocratted at least one archery tournament. After all that, he still wasn't sure that he deserved the award. Obviously he was having fun doing all this and likely felt that that fun was enough reward.
        Thus have I seen...
        -Allan Bluehood-