Re: [SCA-Archery] archery during events

  • Dan Scheid
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 6 9:45 PM
      well I don't think problem is the right word. SCA tournaments and wars
      *_ARE_* about heavy weapon fighting Arts, equestrian, fencing and
      archery.,,, ect. are all add ons. It is like going to a dog show and
      expecting them to run a cat show also. if they can it is great but don't
      expect them to
      Damales

      Kirby Campbell wrote:

      > So this is a problem throughout the SCA?

    • Allan Bluehood of Woods End
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 15 1:18 PM
        I feel that it's not about the external awards and tokens that you get, it's about the internal satisfaction. I happen to know someone who spent twenty years as an SCA member (that's right 20) before getting an AoA. He had served as a Baronial archery captain for several years, run a few shoots at other events, was an archery champion of at least one territory and autocratted at least one archery tournament. After all that, he still wasn't sure that he deserved the award. Obviously he was having fun doing all this and likely felt that that fun was enough reward.
        Thus have I seen...
        -Allan Bluehood-