RE: [SCA-Archery] archery during events

  • Kirby Campbell
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 6, 2010

      This I have already tried. There is a very good chance we may not even have a live weapons event this year because the canton I belong to and barony see it is a money loser and no one wants to sponsor this event. I don’t want it to become an archer against fighters quarrel. I am looking for a way to balance what is needed when selecting a site for an event. When choosing sites it seems like they aren’t even seeing if live weapons can be held there. Its like if there is great…but if there isn’t its oh well kind of attitude.

      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 15, 2010
        I feel that it's not about the external awards and tokens that you get, it's about the internal satisfaction. I happen to know someone who spent twenty years as an SCA member (that's right 20) before getting an AoA. He had served as a Baronial archery captain for several years, run a few shoots at other events, was an archery champion of at least one territory and autocratted at least one archery tournament. After all that, he still wasn't sure that he deserved the award. Obviously he was having fun doing all this and likely felt that that fun was enough reward.
        Thus have I seen...
        -Allan Bluehood-