Re: [SCA-Archery] what questions - Inspecting

  • Ronald Klick
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18 10:01 PM
      Greetings,  I agree with your comments. A marshall just has to keep an eye on
      those that are questionable for awhile. If there are too many shooters on the
      line that are questionmarks, just ask for more marshals to help watch/instruct.
      Another option at events is to schedule novice classes before main opening of
      range. This lets you see who most of the novices are, so you can keep them
      under a watchful eye later. (also they are usually the one asking for loaner
      gear) The tough ones are those that show up with borrowed gear that may
      or may not be suitable for them, and they come in saying the are experts!!

      As for younger archers (youngest I've had shooting have been 5 or 6) I would
      like to recommend shooting IKAC Children's Division (ages 10 and under) or
      Youth Division (ages 11-13) rounds. They are set up the same as the adult
      IKAC rounds, but with distances of 10-15-20 yds and 10-20-30 yds respectively.
      This set up allows for transition from young kids up through teens when they
      can shoot bows more competitively with adults. Works better for kids that are
      pulling a 9.5 lb bow. See the IKAC Website for rules,

      YIS
      Osmond de Berwic