Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: overkill or not

  • Brad Boda d'Aylward
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18, 2010
      Yup. The only thing a notarized waiver does is make it much more difficult
      to convince a Judge that someone "inadvertantly" signed a waiver. You paid
      good money to sign a notarized waiver so it wasn't an 'accident'.

      The subject line of 'Overkill??' The answer is, yes TA authorizations are
      overkill for Æthelmearc. Most of our Marshalls view it as an insult of our
      ability to do our jobs in maintaining line safety. Line safety is a serious
      issue but it ain't rocket science. 80% of being a good Marshal is using
      Common Sense with 15% being experience and/or training and with a good
      marshallate we have no need to auth the Archer. In fact, I would tend to
      believe that having a line of authed Archers in no way makes my job of line
      Marshal any easier. The responsibilities are exactly the same either way and
      having the line filled with 'authed' Archers may, in fact, lead some
      marshalls into a false sense of security with a subsequent lessening of the
      level of awareness due the range.

      Nah. Too much added make due work for the control oriented personallities
      with little appreciative return for the effort.

      Brad

      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: overkill or not