Re: [SCA-Archery] The question

  • Geirr pík
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2010
      On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM, Don & Renate Intini
      <duckfamily.intini@...> wrote:
      > "Hold" is a danger call, a warning that something is unsafe. All archers
      > should safely remove their arrows from their bows--if in mid-release, do itl
      > otherwise, ease it back and de-nock the arrow. Put bows down. Step back from
      > the line, and look around to find the danger, in case something's still
      > going on. Do not take up your bow or approach the line again until the
      > Marshal clears it.
      >
      > Do I win a prize?
      >
      > Geirr
      >
      > Yes you should win two prizes,  one for starting one of the longest
      > dicussion on the sca archery list I've seen, just by asking a simple
      > question ( do you even remember what it was?)
      > WASAILL!

      Do you mean "huh? authorizations?"

      > And for Listening and paying attention on the archery line and to the
      > introductory talk by the marshals.
      > WASAILL!
      >
      > Don, the duckman of the green village and Buttman of Ben Dunfirth

      Don the Duckman is a great archer, wonderful guy and generous host.
      And he's also the man who most has my eye and ear on the range, even
      when he's not the official marshal on that particular day. This
      particular definition of "Hold" comes straight from him.

      Gotta love Ben Dunfirth for archery!

      Geirr