Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: archer auths - what are they for

  • Guy Taylor
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 12, 2010
      Virtually every mundane 3D shoot I have attended has shots like that.
      Comparing SCA archery to mundane archery is not very helpful. I don't see rank beginners attending Vegas competition, but I do see them at the SCA field. On the occasion where I see a beginner at a 3D shoot it is an individual asking how to do, what to do... seeking knowledge and guidance, not marching out with no idea on what to do.

      This whole argument/discussion regarding authorization takes place every few months on this list. I have been away from the SCA for a number of years and have recently returned to events to bolster my arrow making business. It's good to see that so little has changed.
      As Carolus mentioned, if it works for you, do it. If it doesn't work for you, don't do it. The back and forth I see here really seems quite worthless as it is unlikely to either add authorization where it does not exist nor take it away from where it is in use.
      But it sure does seem to raise some tempers.

      Guy