Re: [SCA-Archery] Authorizations

  • obsidian@raex.com
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 12, 2010
      Greetings

      Some are, some aren't. I am - I wrote most of the inspection standards for the Midrealm (much of which still appears in Northshield, Meridies, and Gleann Abhainn manuals), a long while ago, and I regularly taught classes to MiTs at Pennsic in how to inspect. I'm unusual in that regard, but I will point out that becoming a marshal in the Middle kingdom involves learning inspection, and folks are very strongly encouraged to learn as much about as many types of tackle as possible - and that icludes the details, such as comparison of arrow length to draw length, assessing apine weight as best as may be without actually bending the arrow, and so on. Any competent marshal program, in any kingdom, will include details on these matters, and it is the responsibility, not only of the marshal-in-charge, the inspection marshal, and the line marshals, to see to it that all the details are minded, but also of the archers themselves to see to it that everyone on the range is on the same page regarding safety.

      Nigel

      From: Terrance Timmons <TerryT@...>

      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 12, 2010

        From: Terrance Timmons <TerryT@...>

        --
        "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
        -