Principality of the Mists Archery Championship at White Shield

  • Randal of Camusfearna
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2010
      Greetings,

      I am writing this in behalf of Sveinn Ulfsson, Mists Archer and current Mists Archery Champion.

      It is our pleasure to announce that the Mists Archery Championship is being held in conjunction with the White Shield Tournament at the Fairgrounds in Tres Pinos, CA on the 13th of March.  The shoot will be in four parts, including short distance, long distance, Combat Archery and an Archers' Duel (foam heads).  The CA portion will require archer's gauntlets and helm (loaners will be available but please bring your own if you have them).

      We will be setting up in the morning, and should hopefully be ready by the time the Heavy Tournament starts.  You need not compete for the Championship in order to participate.

      We look forward to seeing the West's best archers this coming weekend.

      YIS, Randal of Camusfearna
      West Kingdom Archery Champion

    • George Bottorf
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2010
        Greetings to you, Lord Randal. I am letting you know that I will not be down there on the 13th., nor will I be competing for the Principality Champion.  I for one am not authorized for combat archery. As it is being shot as part of the requirement, I feel that anyone trying for the position should/must be CA authorized, or not be allowed to enter for the position. As far as shooting for fun and giggles, thats all well and good. I realise that this is only one man's opinion, but in any other context it doesn't make any sense. Either one is fully equipted for the job, or they are not! All or nothing. Thank you for your time. YIS, Ld. Abner de Plunkett. West Kingdom archer and crossbowman.