Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery netting alternatives

  • Edward deWitt
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2010
      We have used cheap drop cloths from the building supply.  It works fairly well, but the higher the poundage, the more likely the arrows will blow through.  Crossbow bolts will usually blow through and often rip fletching off as they go through.
      Edward

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2010
        Please post to the groups file section so others can peruse.

        YIS

        Terrance Of Granite Mountain
        Shire of Granite Mountain
        Kingdom of Atenveldt

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2010
          In my basement, I use a plain movers blanket hung from the beams. As long as it hangs free, it will move to catch an arrow, even from a high pound bow (I shoot 60# at 12 yds). The most important thing is that it be free on the bottom to swing with the force.

          Ormr