Combat Archery Authorization

  • Ld. Cian Rhys Gravenor
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 23, 2010
      Greetings all,

      In preparation for Gulf War, I have a question concerning the requirements for combat archery authorization. Does one need to be Heavy Combat authorized as well as authorized for combat archery before one can join the fight on the battle field?

      Ld. Cian

    • Eadric Anstapa
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 23, 2010
        That is a question for your Kingdom lists as it varies from Kingdom to
        Kingdom.

        -EA

        Ld. Cian Rhys Gravenor wrote:

        > Greetings all,
        >
        > In preparation for Gulf War, I have a question concerning the
        > requirements for combat archery authorization. Does one need to be
        > Heavy Combat authorized as well as authorized for combat archery
        > before one can join the fight on the battle field?
        >
        > Ld. Cian
      • Ld. Cian Rhys Gravenor
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 23, 2010
          My apologies. I meant concerning Gulf War standard rules. Since it is a multi-kingdom event I figured that there are more than one kingdom's rules to take into consideration.

          Ld. Cian

          To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
          From: eadric@...
          Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:15:08 -0600
          Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Combat Archery Authorization

          Ld. Cian Rhys Gravenor wrote:

          > Greetings all,
          >
          > In preparation for Gulf War, I have a question concerning the
          > requirements for combat archery authorization. Does one need to be
          > Heavy Combat authorized as well as authorized for combat archery
          > before one can join the fight on the battle field?
          >
          > Ld. Cian

        • Hugh Prescott
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 24, 2010
            Yes it is a multi kingdom war however to fight or do CA or Siege you must be authorized in your kingdom and you can only use bows, crossbows and missiles of the type you are authorized for.

            For instance I am authorized in all weapons including CA in Calontir. We only allow Sil-O-flex tubes with tennis balls as combat archery missiles therefor I can not use shafted arrows at any war.

            Check with your Kingdom CA Marshal about acceptable missiles in kingdom and at GW.

            Authorize in CA in your kingdom and bring what you authorized with to GW.

            Hugh Prescott
            KCAM Calonntir

            To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
            From: eadric@...
            Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:15:08 -0600

            Ld. Cian Rhys Gravenor wrote:

            > Greetings all,
            >
            > In preparation for Gulf War, I have a question concerning the
            > requirements for combat archery authorization. Does one need to be
            > Heavy Combat authorized as well as authorized for combat archery
            > before one can join the fight on the battle field?
            >
            > Ld. Cian

          • Brad Boda d'Aylward

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 24, 2010
                Greetings all,
                I've spoken with Lord Cian (a resident of Ansteorra), and confirmed to him that his Combat Archery authorization will allow him to take the field in the melee's containing Combat Archery at Gulf War.

                Yours in Service,
                Baron Michel mac Donnchaid, CAO
                Ansteorra Kingdom Missile Marshal

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 25, 2010
                  Thank you very much, your excellency. I very much appreciate all the info you gave me. Yes, I hail from Ansteorra from the Barony of Northkeep. Preparations  are almost complete now. Just a couple of things to complete and I'll be ready for my first ever Gulf War. =)Best of luck to all.

                  Ld. Cian

                  To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com