Darkwood Winter Archery Tourney Results

  • Randal of Camusfearna
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2010
      Greetings.

      It is my pleasure to report the results of the Darkwood Winter Archery Tournament for 2010.  It was a fun, sunny day (if a little breezy in the afternoon).  We had 38 archers, 37 of which were able to complete the Tourney and submit IKAC and Royal Round scores, and two of which also shot combat archery for IKCAC scores.

      Scores, by stated Archery Guild rank, in First RR / Second RR / Total IKAC format:

      Child -
      Garrett Brooks = 15 / 20 / 52
      Teagen = 7 / 0 / 7 (first score ever submitted)

      Youth -
      Thorn Gaulti = 21 / 46 / 81
      James St. Rose = 30 / 40 / 77
      Jared Falcon = 18 / 25 / 56
      Connor = 20 / 21 / 49

      Novice -
      David St. Rose = 51 / 42 / 114
      Eryn St. Rose = 29 / 50 / 85
      Zaid al falla hajj = 26 / 38 / 80
      Michael of Hawks' Haven = 18 / 33 / 61
      Juan Santiago = 12 / 18 / 34 (first score ever submitted)
      Justin Katz = 0 / 5 / 8 (first time shooting a bow)
      Ashley Katz = 0 / 4 / 4 (first time shooting a bow)

      Archer -
      Elynor Palmer = 69 / 69 / 171
      Beatrice de Bourgogne = 55 / 64 / 146
      Erik = 57 / 48 / 130
      Jared Galen = 43 / 24 / 92
      Rory Brooks = 27 / 23 / 68

      Yeoman -
      Michael of Foxwood = 51 / 61 / 140
      Custodia de Monetmor = 63 / 53 / 130
      Lune of Speur Cala = 55 / 53 / 130
      Diane de Winchester = 54 / 53 / 128
      Randal of Camusfearna = 32 / 30 / 74
      Kathryn Blackhart = 25 / 13 / 41

      Master -
      Angus MacDonald = 84 / 70 / 214
      Sveinn Ulfsson = 80 / 79 / 205
      Joseph de la Tour = 70 / 70 / 174
      Mark von dem Falkensfenn = 49 / 54 / 143

      IKCAC -
      Joseph de la Tour = 193
      Achmere ibn Tamin = 116

      The novelty wand shoot was won by a youth, Connor, competing against all comers including at least one master and one grand master.  He is this year's Tree Slayer of Darkwood.

      If anyone can tell me Connor's full modern name, age, and SCA group, I would appreciate it so that I can enter his scores into the IKAC database.

      My thanks go out to our Baronial Archer, Zinaida, who brought all the equipment and many items for the prize table, helped set up and tear down the range, and tallied all the scores.  Thanks to Wilhelm and Zinaida for running the target range, and Joseph and Achmere on the combat archery range.  Thanks to Tatania for her donation of two lovely prizes.  Thanks also to Astridh at gate and lists, Wilhelm for arranging for the site, Jared for heralding, Joseph, Lune, Michael, Jacob and Jared (honest Na'arah, he didn't do any heavy lifting) for helping with setup and teardown, Adriana and Marco for getting me reimbursed for expenses on the day of the event, Juan and Rose who brought serving items for the Hawks' Feast, and anyone else who assisted that I can't think of right now.  And, of course, a big thank you to all who attended, including a large contingent from Caldarium and folks from Tarnmist, Fettburg, Cloondara, Westermark and Vinhold.  All of you made it a very enjoyable day for me, as I hope it was for you.

      Respectfully submitted,
      Randal of Camusfearna
      Autocrat