Last Reminder, Darkwood Winter Archery Tourney and Hawks' Feast Is This Weekend

  • Randal of Camusfearna
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13 5:02 PM

      The time draws near!  This coming Saturday, January 16, 2010 is the date for the Darkwood Winter Archery Tourney & Hawks’ Feast, held in theCanton of Hawks’ Haven ( Morgan Hill , CA )

      We look forward to welcoming you to the Winter Darkwood Archery Tourney.   We will be running the Royal Rounds as usual, with submissions going towards IKAC ranking.  The IKAC website has been reorganized, and the scores will definitely get input this year!  The range will again be set up to include shooters in the Children’s and Youth Divisions, and we will be implementing rule changes for these divisions which are being instituted for the upcoming IKAC season.  Bring your banners to dress up the field!  Marshals and time permitting, we shall also be holding a variety of other shoots, including combat archery.  Prizes will be awarded to the highest scores!  If you have anything that you would like to see run, please contact the autocrat at the email address below.  There will be a warm hall from which non-archers can watch the shooting, work on handwork, or play games.  After the Archery Tourney, stick around for the feast! Hawks Haven will provide the meat; please bring a side dish, salad, bread, or dessert to share. Come help us celebrate the beginning of a new year.

      The site is Machado School , at 15130 Sycamore Drive , Morgan Hill , CA 95037-9699

      The site opens at 9:00 a.m. and shooting will begin at 10:30.

      The hall will open for feast setup at 4 p.m. and the feast will begin at 5 p.m.

      The site will close at 10 p.m.

      Site fee: $7.  Feast fee: $4.  Non-member surcharge: $3.  Make checks payable to the SCA, Inc. - Canton of Hawks Haven.

      Archery Autocrat: Randal of Camusfearna (Rusty McMillan), 156 Echo Valley Road , Prunedale , CA 93907 , (831) 663-5056, randal_of_camusfearna@....

      Feast Autocrat: Jacob of Hawks’ Haven (Jacob Sanchez),   , ducall01@....

      Directions: Take Highway 101 to the Tennant Ave exit in Morgan Hill .  If you are northbound on 101, turn left and cross the overpass.  If you are southbound, turn right on Tennant.  Tennant becomes Edmundson when you cross Monterey Road .  Turn left on Sunnyside.  Turn right on Sycamore.  Machado School is on the left after you cross a narrow bridge.