Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery article

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2010
      I have Jarl Einar's story.

      I am familiar with Richard de Clare, but not with Ivan Strongbow.   Are there any sources that tell of them actually using a bow in battle?  I need to be able to document my references.

      Jon

      On Jan 9, 2010, at 9:59 AM, obsidian@... wrote:

      Richard de Clare, called "Strongbow", conqueror of Leinster in 1171.

      Ivan Strongbow, sub-prince of Gorodets 1403-1408, and prince of Suzdal 1412-1414.

      The famous story of Jarl Einar's bow being shattered by Jarl Finn's bowshot in the sea-battle of Svölðr, AD 1000.

      Nigel

      --
      "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
      -