Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA-Crossbow-Makers?

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
      Yes, I am a member of that group.  But, I thought that something more SCA specific could be useful, particularly when it pertains to combat crossbows and ammo.

      Jon
      On Jan 8, 2010, at 2:25 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

      There is the "crossbows" group.

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/crossbow/ ?yguid=68228224

      -EA

      John edgerton wrote:
      > There used to be a "SCA-Crossbow- Makers" group on Yahoo. I had not
      > received any posts from it for some time. I just checked it on Yahoo
      > Groups and it no longer exists, which is unfortunate for the members
      > there provided useful information.
      >
      > I have set up a new group "SCA-crossbow_ builders" on Yahoo. If you
      > are interested in joining please go to:
      >
      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/SCA- crossbow_ builders
      >
      > If you know of anyone that builds crossbows or who might like to
      > learn more about them, please let them know about this group. If you
      > could post this information on your local archery list it would be
      > most helpful. The more people on the group, the more help and
      > information will be available.
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West. Crossbow maker.

    • Siegfried
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
        oh oh, my apologies. That is the 'crossbow' group. Versus the
        'crossbows' group.

        'crossbow' is a general crossbow information group

        'crossbows' is the Society CA Marshal's working group.

        Ugh the internet can be confusing at times.

        Siegfried