Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA-Crossbow-Makers?

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
      Speaking up briefly ...

      The 'crossbows' group was actually originally a group formed by the
      Society CA Marshal to handle discussions about combat crossbows. So I'm
      unsure about it's current state.

      To Sir Jon's statement. Yes, there used to be SCA-Crossbow-Makers ... I
      ran it.

      I shut it down (and sent a final message on it) because there hadn't
      been any emails on it for over a year, and any/all discussion about
      crossbow making was typically taking place on SCA-Archery or
      SCA-MissileCombat respectively anyway.

      So I felt keeping another list open, that wasn't serving a purpose
      really, wasn't doing much good.

      Siegfried

      On 1/8/10 5:25 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:
      > There is the "crossbows" group.

      > -EA
      >
      > John edgerton wrote:
      >> There used to be a "SCA-Crossbow-Makers" group on Yahoo. I had not
      >> received any posts from it for some time. I just checked it on Yahoo
      >> Groups and it no longer exists, which is unfortunate for the members
      >> there provided useful information.
      >>
      >> I have set up a new group "SCA-crossbow_builders" on Yahoo. If you
      >> are interested in joining please go to:

      >> If you know of anyone that builds crossbows or who might like to
      >> learn more about them, please let them know about this group. If you
      >> could post this information on your local archery list it would be
      >> most helpful. The more people on the group, the more help and
      >> information will be available.
      >>
      >> Thank you
      >>
      >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West. Crossbow maker.
      >>

      >> ------------------------------------
      >>

      > ------------------------------------

    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
        Yes, I am a member of that group.  But, I thought that something more SCA specific could be useful, particularly when it pertains to combat crossbows and ammo.

        Jon
        On Jan 8, 2010, at 2:25 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

        There is the "crossbows" group.

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/crossbow/ ?yguid=68228224

        -EA

        John edgerton wrote:
        > There used to be a "SCA-Crossbow- Makers" group on Yahoo. I had not
        > received any posts from it for some time. I just checked it on Yahoo
        > Groups and it no longer exists, which is unfortunate for the members
        > there provided useful information.
        >
        > I have set up a new group "SCA-crossbow_ builders" on Yahoo. If you
        > are interested in joining please go to:
        >
        > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/SCA- crossbow_ builders
        >
        > If you know of anyone that builds crossbows or who might like to
        > learn more about them, please let them know about this group. If you
        > could post this information on your local archery list it would be
        > most helpful. The more people on the group, the more help and
        > information will be available.
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West. Crossbow maker.

      • Siegfried
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
          oh oh, my apologies. That is the 'crossbow' group. Versus the
          'crossbows' group.

          'crossbow' is a general crossbow information group

          'crossbows' is the Society CA Marshal's working group.

          Ugh the internet can be confusing at times.

          Siegfried