Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA-Crossbow-Makers?

  • Eadric Anstapa
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
      There is the "crossbows" group.

      -EA

      John edgerton wrote:
      > There used to be a "SCA-Crossbow-Makers" group on Yahoo. I had not
      > received any posts from it for some time. I just checked it on Yahoo
      > Groups and it no longer exists, which is unfortunate for the members
      > there provided useful information.
      >
      > I have set up a new group "SCA-crossbow_builders" on Yahoo. If you
      > are interested in joining please go to:

      > If you know of anyone that builds crossbows or who might like to
      > learn more about them, please let them know about this group. If you
      > could post this information on your local archery list it would be
      > most helpful. The more people on the group, the more help and
      > information will be available.
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West. Crossbow maker.
      >

      > ------------------------------------

    • Siegfried
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
        Speaking up briefly ...

        The 'crossbows' group was actually originally a group formed by the
        Society CA Marshal to handle discussions about combat crossbows. So I'm
        unsure about it's current state.

        To Sir Jon's statement. Yes, there used to be SCA-Crossbow-Makers ... I
        ran it.

        I shut it down (and sent a final message on it) because there hadn't
        been any emails on it for over a year, and any/all discussion about
        crossbow making was typically taking place on SCA-Archery or
        SCA-MissileCombat respectively anyway.

        So I felt keeping another list open, that wasn't serving a purpose
        really, wasn't doing much good.

        Siegfried

        On 1/8/10 5:25 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:
        > There is the "crossbows" group.

        > -EA
        >
        > John edgerton wrote:
        >> There used to be a "SCA-Crossbow-Makers" group on Yahoo. I had not
        >> received any posts from it for some time. I just checked it on Yahoo
        >> Groups and it no longer exists, which is unfortunate for the members
        >> there provided useful information.
        >>
        >> I have set up a new group "SCA-crossbow_builders" on Yahoo. If you
        >> are interested in joining please go to:

        >> If you know of anyone that builds crossbows or who might like to
        >> learn more about them, please let them know about this group. If you
        >> could post this information on your local archery list it would be
        >> most helpful. The more people on the group, the more help and
        >> information will be available.
        >>
        >> Thank you
        >>
        >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West. Crossbow maker.
        >>

        >> ------------------------------------
        >>

        > ------------------------------------

      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
          Yes, I am a member of that group.  But, I thought that something more SCA specific could be useful, particularly when it pertains to combat crossbows and ammo.

          Jon
          On Jan 8, 2010, at 2:25 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

          There is the "crossbows" group.

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/crossbow/ ?yguid=68228224

          -EA

          John edgerton wrote:
          > There used to be a "SCA-Crossbow- Makers" group on Yahoo. I had not
          > received any posts from it for some time. I just checked it on Yahoo
          > Groups and it no longer exists, which is unfortunate for the members
          > there provided useful information.
          >
          > I have set up a new group "SCA-crossbow_ builders" on Yahoo. If you
          > are interested in joining please go to:
          >
          > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/SCA- crossbow_ builders
          >
          > If you know of anyone that builds crossbows or who might like to
          > learn more about them, please let them know about this group. If you
          > could post this information on your local archery list it would be
          > most helpful. The more people on the group, the more help and
          > information will be available.
          >
          > Thank you
          >
          > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West. Crossbow maker.

        • Siegfried
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
            oh oh, my apologies. That is the 'crossbow' group. Versus the
            'crossbows' group.

            'crossbow' is a general crossbow information group

            'crossbows' is the Society CA Marshal's working group.

            Ugh the internet can be confusing at times.

            Siegfried