SCA-Crossbow-Makers?

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
      There used to be a "SCA-Crossbow-Makers" group on Yahoo. I had not
      received any posts from it for some time. I just checked it on Yahoo
      Groups and it no longer exists, which is unfortunate for the members
      there provided useful information.

      I have set up a new group "SCA-crossbow_builders" on Yahoo. If you
      are interested in joining please go to:

      If you know of anyone that builds crossbows or who might like to
      learn more about them, please let them know about this group. If you
      could post this information on your local archery list it would be
      most helpful. The more people on the group, the more help and
      information will be available.

      Thank you

      Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West. Crossbow maker.
    • Eadric Anstapa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
        There is the "crossbows" group.

        -EA

        John edgerton wrote:
        > There used to be a "SCA-Crossbow-Makers" group on Yahoo. I had not
        > received any posts from it for some time. I just checked it on Yahoo
        > Groups and it no longer exists, which is unfortunate for the members
        > there provided useful information.
        >
        > I have set up a new group "SCA-crossbow_builders" on Yahoo. If you
        > are interested in joining please go to:

        > If you know of anyone that builds crossbows or who might like to
        > learn more about them, please let them know about this group. If you
        > could post this information on your local archery list it would be
        > most helpful. The more people on the group, the more help and
        > information will be available.
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West. Crossbow maker.
        >

        > ------------------------------------

      • Siegfried
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
          Speaking up briefly ...

          The 'crossbows' group was actually originally a group formed by the
          Society CA Marshal to handle discussions about combat crossbows. So I'm
          unsure about it's current state.

          To Sir Jon's statement. Yes, there used to be SCA-Crossbow-Makers ... I
          ran it.

          I shut it down (and sent a final message on it) because there hadn't
          been any emails on it for over a year, and any/all discussion about
          crossbow making was typically taking place on SCA-Archery or
          SCA-MissileCombat respectively anyway.

          So I felt keeping another list open, that wasn't serving a purpose
          really, wasn't doing much good.

          Siegfried

          On 1/8/10 5:25 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:
          > There is the "crossbows" group.

          > -EA
          >
          > John edgerton wrote:
          >> There used to be a "SCA-Crossbow-Makers" group on Yahoo. I had not
          >> received any posts from it for some time. I just checked it on Yahoo
          >> Groups and it no longer exists, which is unfortunate for the members
          >> there provided useful information.
          >>
          >> I have set up a new group "SCA-crossbow_builders" on Yahoo. If you
          >> are interested in joining please go to:

          >> If you know of anyone that builds crossbows or who might like to
          >> learn more about them, please let them know about this group. If you
          >> could post this information on your local archery list it would be
          >> most helpful. The more people on the group, the more help and
          >> information will be available.
          >>
          >> Thank you
          >>
          >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West. Crossbow maker.
          >>

          >> ------------------------------------
          >>

          > ------------------------------------

        • John edgerton
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
            Yes, I am a member of that group.  But, I thought that something more SCA specific could be useful, particularly when it pertains to combat crossbows and ammo.

            Jon
            On Jan 8, 2010, at 2:25 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

            There is the "crossbows" group.

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/crossbow/ ?yguid=68228224

            -EA

            John edgerton wrote:
            > There used to be a "SCA-Crossbow- Makers" group on Yahoo. I had not
            > received any posts from it for some time. I just checked it on Yahoo
            > Groups and it no longer exists, which is unfortunate for the members
            > there provided useful information.
            >
            > I have set up a new group "SCA-crossbow_ builders" on Yahoo. If you
            > are interested in joining please go to:
            >
            > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/SCA- crossbow_ builders
            >
            > If you know of anyone that builds crossbows or who might like to
            > learn more about them, please let them know about this group. If you
            > could post this information on your local archery list it would be
            > most helpful. The more people on the group, the more help and
            > information will be available.
            >
            > Thank you
            >
            > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West. Crossbow maker.

          • Siegfried
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
              oh oh, my apologies. That is the 'crossbow' group. Versus the
              'crossbows' group.

              'crossbow' is a general crossbow information group

              'crossbows' is the Society CA Marshal's working group.

              Ugh the internet can be confusing at times.

              Siegfried