Re: [SCA-Archery] authorized archers?

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
      I did email the person that made the post and have asked for further information.  I will see what response I receive.

      Jon

      On Jan 5, 2010, at 1:23 AM, obsidian@... wrote:

      Greetings

      I've seen the term "Corpora" used as a description for kingdom regulations a number of times, and I'm sure this is an example of that. The Archer-General of the Middle Kingdom lives in my local group, and is a close personal friend of mine - if the Board had decided to do something along these lines Society-wide, she certainly would know about it; to say nothing of the fact that the Board would surely not enacted something like this without opportunity for comment, or notification, or something. Certainly nothing has come through SCA Announce, and it would have - all Board decisions are aired there.

      Nigel

      --
      "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
      -

    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
        I just heard back from the former Atenveldt kingdom archery officer.
        It was a misunderstanding on the part of the person that made the
        post. The requirement for authorized archers is just in their
        kingdom law not in Corpora.

        I did not think that the BoB would make a change like that without
        the archery community knowing about it. And I hope they never do.

        Jon

        On Jan 5, 2010, at 9:25 AM, John edgerton wrote:

        > I did email the person that made the post and have asked for
        > further information. I will see what response I receive.
        >

        > Jon
      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
          One small correction.  The requirement is in their kingdom archery rules.  Not in kingdom law.

          Jon