Re: [SCA-Archery] authorized archers?

  • padraig@cablespeed.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010

      I think it could also be a case of an uninformed person putting out the notice.  I run into this every couple of years here in MidRealm and usually have to approach the person a couple of times before they get their head around it.

      Padraig

      On Tue Jan 5 0:39 , John edgerton <sirjon1@...> sent:

      I just read in Atenveldt's "Aten-Archery" Yahoo list that

       "... per new Corpora rules, you must be an authorized archer to participate in the Tri-Baronial tournament.  Please bring your current authorization and membership cards."

      Could any one please provide an update on this for me.  If this is correct, I am surprised that this list did not hear any discussion on this topic since it would affect archers SCA wide.

      Or might it be that Atenveldt's kingdom laws are also referred to as "Corpora" in Atenveldt?

      Thank you

      Jon

    • bluecat@neo.rr.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
        I agree with Nigel and Padraig.

        Some Kingdoms have archery 'authorizations' for target archery, but
        nothing in corpora requires it- nor have I seen any announcements to
        that effect.

        Dirk Edward of Frisia
      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
          I did email the person that made the post and have asked for further information.  I will see what response I receive.

          Jon

          On Jan 5, 2010, at 1:23 AM, obsidian@... wrote:

          Greetings

          I've seen the term "Corpora" used as a description for kingdom regulations a number of times, and I'm sure this is an example of that. The Archer-General of the Middle Kingdom lives in my local group, and is a close personal friend of mine - if the Board had decided to do something along these lines Society-wide, she certainly would know about it; to say nothing of the fact that the Board would surely not enacted something like this without opportunity for comment, or notification, or something. Certainly nothing has come through SCA Announce, and it would have - all Board decisions are aired there.

          Nigel

          --
          "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
          -

        • John edgerton
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
            I just heard back from the former Atenveldt kingdom archery officer.
            It was a misunderstanding on the part of the person that made the
            post. The requirement for authorized archers is just in their
            kingdom law not in Corpora.

            I did not think that the BoB would make a change like that without
            the archery community knowing about it. And I hope they never do.

            Jon

            On Jan 5, 2010, at 9:25 AM, John edgerton wrote:

            > I did email the person that made the post and have asked for
            > further information. I will see what response I receive.
            >

            > Jon
          • John edgerton
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
              One small correction.  The requirement is in their kingdom archery rules.  Not in kingdom law.

              Jon