Re: [SCA-Archery] authorized archers?

  • obsidian@raex.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
      Greetings

      I've seen the term "Corpora" used as a description for kingdom regulations a number of times, and I'm sure this is an example of that. The Archer-General of the Middle Kingdom lives in my local group, and is a close personal friend of mine - if the Board had decided to do something along these lines Society-wide, she certainly would know about it; to say nothing of the fact that the Board would surely not enacted something like this without opportunity for comment, or notification, or something. Certainly nothing has come through SCA Announce, and it would have - all Board decisions are aired there.

      Nigel

      --
      "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
      -
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010

        I think it could also be a case of an uninformed person putting out the notice.  I run into this every couple of years here in MidRealm and usually have to approach the person a couple of times before they get their head around it.

        Padraig

        On Tue Jan 5 0:39 , John edgerton <sirjon1@...> sent:

      • bluecat@neo.rr.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
          I agree with Nigel and Padraig.

          Some Kingdoms have archery 'authorizations' for target archery, but
          nothing in corpora requires it- nor have I seen any announcements to
          that effect.

          Dirk Edward of Frisia
        • John edgerton
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
            I did email the person that made the post and have asked for further information.  I will see what response I receive.

            Jon

            --
            "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
            -
            http://web.raex. com/~obsidian/ regindex. html

          • John edgerton
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
              I just heard back from the former Atenveldt kingdom archery officer.
              It was a misunderstanding on the part of the person that made the
              post. The requirement for authorized archers is just in their
              kingdom law not in Corpora.

              I did not think that the BoB would make a change like that without
              the archery community knowing about it. And I hope they never do.

              Jon

              On Jan 5, 2010, at 9:25 AM, John edgerton wrote:

              > I did email the person that made the post and have asked for
              > further information. I will see what response I receive.
              >

              > Jon
            • John edgerton
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
                One small correction.  The requirement is in their kingdom archery rules.  Not in kingdom law.

                Jon