Passing of the 'Group Owner' torch

  • barunsiegfried
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2009
      Hello all, I've been the group owner of SCA-Archery for umm, oh, I forget how long, something like 10 years I'm guessing.

      I've realized over the last 1.5 years or so, that I've fallen down on the job of being a good owner/moderator, partially due to real life kicking me a few times, and due to stepping up as Baron of my local group.

      I'm trying to get myself back on top of all my internet correspondence, and part of that is taking a hard look at what I can and can't do, time-wise.

      To that end, I've asked Sir Jon to step up as the new Group Owner. He has long served as a moderator for the group, and has in fact been picking up the slack for me in the last 1.5 years that I've been falling down on the job.

      Please welcome him into the new role and treat him nice. He has a big ban hammer if you don't.

      Siegfried
    • Carolus
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 2009
        Thanks for all the hard work - I never noticed any problems with your
        ownership, probably due to your initial hard work in setting this up and
        running it right from the beginning.
        Carolus

        barunsiegfried wrote:
        > Hello all, I've been the group owner of SCA-Archery for umm, oh, I forget how long, something like 10 years I'm guessing.
        >
        > I've realized over the last 1.5 years or so, that I've fallen down on the job of being a good owner/moderator, partially due to real life kicking me a few times, and due to stepping up as Baron of my local group.
        >
        > I'm trying to get myself back on top of all my internet correspondence, and part of that is taking a hard look at what I can and can't do, time-wise.
        >
        > To that end, I've asked Sir Jon to step up as the new Group Owner. He has long served as a moderator for the group, and has in fact been picking up the slack for me in the last 1.5 years that I've been falling down on the job.
        >
        > Please welcome him into the new role and treat him nice. He has a big ban hammer if you don't.
        >
        > Siegfried

      • Tisha Bakke
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 30, 2009
          I've been a quiet member of this group for about two years now (I think). I
          don't have much to say, but I have to admit to liking the way this group is
          run.

          You have done a fine job - from what I can see - and I would like to thank
          you for your service to our community.

          Welcome Sir Jon to the official position, and I hope things continue to be
          smooth for you in our community's future.

          ~ Alivia Spencer
          An Archer in the Barony of Lions Gate, the Principality of Tir Righ, in the
          glorious Kingdom of An Tir

        • i_griffen
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 30, 2009
            Baron Siegfried

            It has been a long time and things have changed alot. we use ti have many good conversations now the list is dead

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "barunsiegfried" <siegfried@...> wrote:

            > Hello all, I've been the group owner of SCA-Archery for umm, oh, I forget how long, something like 10 years I'm guessing.
            >
            > I've realized over the last 1.5 years or so, that I've fallen down on the job of being a good owner/moderator, partially due to real life kicking me a few times, and due to stepping up as Baron of my local group.
            >
            > I'm trying to get myself back on top of all my internet correspondence, and part of that is taking a hard look at what I can and can't do, time-wise.
            >
            > To that end, I've asked Sir Jon to step up as the new Group Owner. He has long served as a moderator for the group, and has in fact been picking up the slack for me in the last 1.5 years that I've been falling down on the job.
            >
            > Please welcome him into the new role and treat him nice. He has a big ban hammer if you don't.
            >
            > Siegfried

          • Hobbe
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 30, 2009
              Delete the archives so we can't look up the answers to our questions.<grin>
              ~Hobbe

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "i_griffen" <i_griffen@...> wrote:

              > Baron Siegfried
              >
              > It has been a long time and things have changed alot. we use ti have many good conversations now the list is dead

            • John edgerton
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 1, 2010
                Greetings and a Happy New Year and a Joyous Twelfth Night to one and
                all.

                I am looking for a moderator to assist with the group. This mostly
                consists of approving the messages of new members and removing them
                from the moderated list to prevent delays in their messages being
                posted. This is done to prevent spam and works well. You should be
                able to check your email at least once a day, if not more often. And
                you should be familiar with moderating Yahoo or a similar group.

                Please contact me direct if you are interested.