Target Article on the web

  • Carolus
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
      Ok, folks. It's here. I have a minimalist web site I use for testing
      projects and have placed Sir Jon' fine article there. It is a MSWord
      document and will open from the link if your browser is set up for it.
      If your browser doesn't give you the option to save the file and you
      want a copy on your system, right click on the link and save to file.

      I will be happy to publish other articles or material of interest to the
      members of this list.

      The address is:

      http:rosesandivy.net

      For those interested in knowing, the name of this site comes from the
      medieval language of flowers and refers to love and friendship. It is
      very basic now as I haven't had a real purpose before but now maybe I
      can help publish some of the fine work folks here have done.

      Carolus

      John Edgerton wrote:
      > Carolus will post the address to the list when the article is up on
      > his site.
      >
      > Jon

    • Carolus
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
        Well, my fingers got ahead of my proofreading. The correct address is:

        http://rosesandivy.net

        Carolus

        Carolus wrote:
        > Ok, folks. It's here. I have a minimalist web site I use for testing
        > projects and have placed Sir Jon' fine article there. It is a MSWord
        > document and will open from the link if your browser is set up for it.
        > If your browser doesn't give you the option to save the file and you
        > want a copy on your system, right click on the link and save to file.
        >
        > I will be happy to publish other articles or material of interest to the
        > members of this list.
        >
        > The address is:
        >
        > http:rosesandivy.net
        >
        > For those interested in knowing, the name of this site comes from the
        > medieval language of flowers and refers to love and friendship. It is
        > very basic now as I haven't had a real purpose before but now maybe I
        > can help publish some of the fine work folks here have done.
        >
        > Carolus
        >
        > John Edgerton wrote:
        >
        >> Carolus will post the address to the list when the article is up on
        >> his site.
        >>
        >> Jon

      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
          Thank you Carolus for your assistance.

          The article on his site is a draft version. I will be making some
          changes to the table of contents and re-formatting in places to clear
          it up. There have been two new short sections added to this version
          versus the one I first sent out. I would like input from everyone
          that reads it, as to any thing that may not be clear or any
          additional information and source you might might have on other
          period competitions. etc.

          When I have read the input, I will update a finished version of the
          article and load it on the SCA archery site as well as on Carolus site.

          Thank you

          Jon

          On Dec 4, 2009, at 7:46 PM, Carolus wrote:

          > Ok, folks. It's here. I have a minimalist web site I use for testing
          > projects and have placed Sir Jon' fine article there. It is a MSWord
          > document and will open from the link if your browser is set up for it.
          > If your browser doesn't give you the option to save the file and you
          > want a copy on your system, right click on the link and save to file.
          >
          > I will be happy to publish other articles or material of interest
          > to the
          > members of this list.
          >
          > The address is:
          >
          > http:rosesandivy.net
          >
          > For those interested in knowing, the name of this site comes from the
          > medieval language of flowers and refers to love and friendship. It is
          > very basic now as I haven't had a real purpose before but now maybe I
          > can help publish some of the fine work folks here have done.
          >
          > Carolus
        • Terry
          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
            Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that must have an error. no document, and no link that works

            Terrance
            Atenveldt

            > Thank you Carolus for your assistance.
            >
            > The article on his site is a draft version. I will be making some
            > changes to the table of contents and re-formatting in places to clear
            > it up. There have been two new short sections added to this version
            > versus the one I first sent out. I would like input from everyone
            > that reads it, as to any thing that may not be clear or any
            > additional information and source you might might have on other
            > period competitions. etc.
            >
            > When I have read the input, I will update a finished version of the
            > article and load it on the SCA archery site as well as on Carolus site.
            >
            > Thank you
            >
            > Jon
            >
            > On Dec 4, 2009, at 7:46 PM, Carolus wrote:
            >
            > > Ok, folks. It's here. I have a minimalist web site I use for testing
            > > projects and have placed Sir Jon' fine article there. It is a MSWord
            > > document and will open from the link if your browser is set up for it.
            > > If your browser doesn't give you the option to save the file and you
            > > want a copy on your system, right click on the link and save to file.
            > >
            > > I will be happy to publish other articles or material of interest
            > > to the
            > > members of this list.
            > >
            > > The address is:
            > >
            > > http:rosesandivy.net
            > >
            > > For those interested in knowing, the name of this site comes from the
            > > medieval language of flowers and refers to love and friendship. It is
            > > very basic now as I haven't had a real purpose before but now maybe I
            > > can help publish some of the fine work folks here have done.
            > >
            > > Carolus

          • John edgerton
            Message 5 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
              Try http://rosesandivy.net

              On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:

              > Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
              > must have an error. no document, and no link that works
              >
              > Terrance
              > Atenveldt

            • Edward deWitt
              Message 6 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                Carolus, thank you for posting this great article. Jon, thank you for such a labor to create this article. I have only skimmed the content, but it looks very thorough. The brain has already started devising shoots for some of the illustrations.
                Edward

                ________________________________

                John Edgerton wrote:
                > Carolus will post the address to the list when the article is up on
                > his site.
                >
                > Jon

              • Eibhilin
                Message 7 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                  I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                  Eibhilin

                  > Try http://rosesandivy.net
                  >

                  > On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:
                  >
                  > > Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
                  > > must have an error. no document, and no link that works
                  > >
                  > > Terrance
                  > > Atenveldt

                • Terrance Timmons
                  Message 8 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                    maybe its browser related? im using ie7 at work, and IE8 at home

                    Terrance
                    atenveldt
                    I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                    Eibhilin

                    > Try http://rosesandivy.net
                    >

                    > On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:
                    >
                    > > Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
                    > > must have an error. no document, and no link that works
                    > >
                    > > Terrance
                    > > Atenveldt

                  • John edgerton
                    Message 9 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                      Edward

                      Thank you. I hope you will find some useful details when you have a
                      chance to read all of it.

                      Jon

                      On Dec 5, 2009, at 4:11 AM, Edward deWitt wrote:

                      > Carolus, thank you for posting this great article. Jon, thank you
                      > for such a labor to create this article. I have only skimmed the
                      > content, but it looks very thorough. The brain has already started
                      > devising shoots for some of the illustrations.
                      > Edward
                    • John edgerton
                      Message 10 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                        Interesting. I click on the roseandivy address below and it takes me
                        straight to the site.

                        Carolus

                        Do you know what would cause this?

                        Jon

                        On Dec 5, 2009, at 9:00 AM, Eibhilin wrote:

                        > I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the
                        > direct links provided here.
                        > Eibhilin
                        >
                        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Try http://rosesandivy.net
                        > >

                        > > On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
                        > > > must have an error. no document, and no link that works
                        > > >
                        > > > Terrance
                        > > > Atenveldt

                      • James of the Lake
                        Message 11 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                          I get to the site alright with Safari, but no article or links to one.

                          James

                          Message 12 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                            If anyone is still having trouble getting the article draft on the
                            site, please email me and I will send you a copy.

                            Jon
                            On Dec 5, 2009, at 10:41 AM, James of the Lake wrote:

                            > I get to the site alright with Safari, but no article or links to one.
                            >
                            > James
                            >
                            > On Dec 5, 2009, at 9:40 AM, John edgerton wrote:
                            >
                            > > Interesting. I click on the roseandivy address below and it takes me
                            > > straight to the site.
                            > >
                            > > Carolus
                            > >
                            > > Do you know what would cause this?
                            > >
                            > > Jon
                            > >
                            > > On Dec 5, 2009, at 9:00 AM, Eibhilin wrote:
                            > >
                            > >> I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the
                            > >> direct links provided here.
                            > >> Eibhilin
                            > >>
                            > >> --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...>

                          • Carolus
                            Message 13 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                              What browser and operating system are you using?
                              Carolus

                              Eibhilin wrote:
                              > I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                              > Eibhilin
                              >
                              > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
                              >
                              >> Try http://rosesandivy.net
                              >>

                              >> On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:
                              >>

                              >>> Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
                              >>> must have an error. no document, and no link that works
                              >>>
                              >>> Terrance
                              >>> Atenveldt

                            • Carolus
                              Message 14 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                It appears there are some issues with browser compatibility. I have
                                been using Firefox with no problem. I have been able to duplicate the
                                issue with IE 6 and IE8. An alternative which I confirmed works in both
                                of these is to use the following url:

                                http://rosesandivy.net/1draft.doc

                                It opens the file directly and will allow the file to be saved.
                                Carolus

                                Message 15 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                  That link worked for me; I was able to open the file with Open Office
                                  and I think all of the pictures came through OK this time.

                                  Thanks, Carolus!

                                  James

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                    Glad to be able to help. I have plenty of space available for those big
                                    files which don't translate well to the list archives.
                                    Carolus

                                    James of the Lake wrote:
                                    > That link worked for me; I was able to open the file with Open Office
                                    > and I think all of the pictures came through OK this time.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks, Carolus!

                                  • Eibhilin
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                      Internet Explorer on Vista.

                                      > What browser and operating system are you using?
                                      > Carolus
                                      >
                                      > Eibhilin wrote:
                                      > > I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                                      > > Eibhilin
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > >> Try http://rosesandivy.net

                                    • Eibhilin
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                        Internet Exporer on Vista. Sir Jon did send me an email with it.
                                        Eibhlin

                                        > What browser and operating system are you using?
                                        > Carolus
                                        >
                                        > Eibhilin wrote:
                                        > > I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                                        > > Eibhilin
                                        > >
                                        > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > >> Try http://rosesandivy.net

                                      • Harry Billings

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                            try deleting the space between dot and net

                                            ________________________________
                                            I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                                            Eibhilin

                                            --- In SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com, John edgerton <sirjon1@... > wrote:

                                            > Try http://rosesandivy. net
                                            >

                                            > On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:
                                            >
                                            > > Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
                                            > > must have an error. no document, and no link that works
                                            > >
                                            > > Terrance
                                            > > Atenveldt

                                          • alessandradebarbuzza
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Dec 6, 2009
                                              I use Mozzila/FireFox and I could open it without an issue. You might want to consider using it. It's very good at keeping out viruses and such. Anyway, it's a suggestion considering I could open it. Thank you for the link.

                                              Alessandra