Re: Target Article

  • Eibhilin
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
      Hey, ya'll! Okay, I've been out of the loop for a while (and just starting to look at these posts like I'm new to the list!), and I'm slightly confused. The "Article Review" post is the same as "Target Article", correct? It seems so. I would really absolutely love to read it, too. I know there is a wealth of information in it, shared lovingly & enthusiasitically by SCA archers ;-)

      Eibhilin Nuinnseann

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Randal of Camusfearna <randal_of_camusfearna@...> wrote:

      > Jon,
      >
      > The document came through OK, except for two photos.
      >
      > Randal

    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
        It is the same. It should be up on Carolus's web site today.

        Jon

        On Dec 4, 2009, at 6:09 AM, Eibhilin wrote:

        > Hey, ya'll! Okay, I've been out of the loop for a while (and just
        > starting to look at these posts like I'm new to the list!), and I'm
        > slightly confused. The "Article Review" post is the same as "Target
        > Article", correct? It seems so. I would really absolutely love to
        > read it, too. I know there is a wealth of information in it, shared
        > lovingly & enthusiasitically by SCA archers ;-)
        >
        > Eibhilin Nuinnseann
        >
        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Randal of Camusfearna
        > <randal_of_camusfearna@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Jon,
        > >
        > > The document came through OK, except for two photos.
        > >
        > > Randal

      • Eibhilin
        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
          What is that site address?
          Eibhilin

          > It is the same. It should be up on Carolus's web site today.
          >
          > Jon
          >
          > On Dec 4, 2009, at 6:09 AM, Eibhilin wrote:
          >
          > > Hey, ya'll! Okay, I've been out of the loop for a while (and just
          > > starting to look at these posts like I'm new to the list!), and I'm
          > > slightly confused. The "Article Review" post is the same as "Target
          > > Article", correct? It seems so. I would really absolutely love to
          > > read it, too. I know there is a wealth of information in it, shared
          > > lovingly & enthusiasitically by SCA archers ;-)
          > >
          > > Eibhilin Nuinnseann
          > >
          > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Randal of Camusfearna
          > > <randal_of_camusfearna@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Jon,
          > > >
          > > > The document came through OK, except for two photos.
          > > >
          > > > Randal

        • John edgerton
          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
            Carolus will post the address to the list when the article is up on
            his site.

            Jon
            On Dec 4, 2009, at 12:27 PM, Eibhilin wrote:

            > What is that site address?
            > Eibhilin
            >
            > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > It is the same. It should be up on Carolus's web site today.
            > >
            > > Jon
            > >
            > > On Dec 4, 2009, at 6:09 AM, Eibhilin wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hey, ya'll! Okay, I've been out of the loop for a while (and just
            > > > starting to look at these posts like I'm new to the list!), and
            > I'm
            > > > slightly confused. The "Article Review" post is the same as
            > "Target
            > > > Article", correct? It seems so. I would really absolutely love to
            > > > read it, too. I know there is a wealth of information in it,
            > shared
            > > > lovingly & enthusiasitically by SCA archers ;-)
            > > >
            > > > Eibhilin Nuinnseann
            > > >
            > > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Randal of Camusfearna

          • Carolus
            Message 5 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
              Ok, folks. It's here. I have a minimalist web site I use for testing
              projects and have placed Sir Jon' fine article there. It is a MSWord
              document and will open from the link if your browser is set up for it.
              If your browser doesn't give you the option to save the file and you
              want a copy on your system, right click on the link and save to file.

              I will be happy to publish other articles or material of interest to the
              members of this list.

              The address is:

              http:rosesandivy.net

              For those interested in knowing, the name of this site comes from the
              medieval language of flowers and refers to love and friendship. It is
              very basic now as I haven't had a real purpose before but now maybe I
              can help publish some of the fine work folks here have done.

              Carolus

              John Edgerton wrote:
              > Carolus will post the address to the list when the article is up on
              > his site.
              >
              > Jon

            • Carolus
              Message 6 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
                Well, my fingers got ahead of my proofreading. The correct address is:

                http://rosesandivy.net

                Carolus

                Carolus wrote:
                > Ok, folks. It's here. I have a minimalist web site I use for testing
                > projects and have placed Sir Jon' fine article there. It is a MSWord
                > document and will open from the link if your browser is set up for it.
                > If your browser doesn't give you the option to save the file and you
                > want a copy on your system, right click on the link and save to file.
                >
                > I will be happy to publish other articles or material of interest to the
                > members of this list.
                >
                > The address is:
                >
                > http:rosesandivy.net
                >
                > For those interested in knowing, the name of this site comes from the
                > medieval language of flowers and refers to love and friendship. It is
                > very basic now as I haven't had a real purpose before but now maybe I
                > can help publish some of the fine work folks here have done.
                >
                > Carolus
                >
                > John Edgerton wrote:
                >
                >> Carolus will post the address to the list when the article is up on
                >> his site.
                >>
                >> Jon

              • John edgerton
                Message 7 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
                  Thank you Carolus for your assistance.

                  The article on his site is a draft version. I will be making some
                  changes to the table of contents and re-formatting in places to clear
                  it up. There have been two new short sections added to this version
                  versus the one I first sent out. I would like input from everyone
                  that reads it, as to any thing that may not be clear or any
                  additional information and source you might might have on other
                  period competitions. etc.

                  When I have read the input, I will update a finished version of the
                  article and load it on the SCA archery site as well as on Carolus site.

                  Thank you

                  Jon

                  On Dec 4, 2009, at 7:46 PM, Carolus wrote:

                  > Ok, folks. It's here. I have a minimalist web site I use for testing
                  > projects and have placed Sir Jon' fine article there. It is a MSWord
                  > document and will open from the link if your browser is set up for it.
                  > If your browser doesn't give you the option to save the file and you
                  > want a copy on your system, right click on the link and save to file.
                  >
                  > I will be happy to publish other articles or material of interest
                  > to the
                  > members of this list.
                  >
                  > The address is:
                  >
                  > http:rosesandivy.net
                  >
                  > For those interested in knowing, the name of this site comes from the
                  > medieval language of flowers and refers to love and friendship. It is
                  > very basic now as I haven't had a real purpose before but now maybe I
                  > can help publish some of the fine work folks here have done.
                  >
                  > Carolus
                • Terry
                  Message 8 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
                    Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that must have an error. no document, and no link that works

                    Terrance
                    Atenveldt

                    > Thank you Carolus for your assistance.
                    >
                    > The article on his site is a draft version. I will be making some
                    > changes to the table of contents and re-formatting in places to clear
                    > it up. There have been two new short sections added to this version
                    > versus the one I first sent out. I would like input from everyone
                    > that reads it, as to any thing that may not be clear or any
                    > additional information and source you might might have on other
                    > period competitions. etc.
                    >
                    > When I have read the input, I will update a finished version of the
                    > article and load it on the SCA archery site as well as on Carolus site.
                    >
                    > Thank you
                    >
                    > Jon
                    >
                    > On Dec 4, 2009, at 7:46 PM, Carolus wrote:
                    >
                    > > Ok, folks. It's here. I have a minimalist web site I use for testing
                    > > projects and have placed Sir Jon' fine article there. It is a MSWord
                    > > document and will open from the link if your browser is set up for it.
                    > > If your browser doesn't give you the option to save the file and you
                    > > want a copy on your system, right click on the link and save to file.
                    > >
                    > > I will be happy to publish other articles or material of interest
                    > > to the
                    > > members of this list.
                    > >
                    > > The address is:
                    > >
                    > > http:rosesandivy.net
                    > >
                    > > For those interested in knowing, the name of this site comes from the
                    > > medieval language of flowers and refers to love and friendship. It is
                    > > very basic now as I haven't had a real purpose before but now maybe I
                    > > can help publish some of the fine work folks here have done.
                    > >
                    > > Carolus

                  • John edgerton
                    Message 9 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
                      Try http://rosesandivy.net

                      On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:

                      > Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
                      > must have an error. no document, and no link that works
                      >
                      > Terrance
                      > Atenveldt

                    • Edward deWitt
                      Message 10 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                        Carolus, thank you for posting this great article. Jon, thank you for such a labor to create this article. I have only skimmed the content, but it looks very thorough. The brain has already started devising shoots for some of the illustrations.
                        Edward

                        ________________________________

                        John Edgerton wrote:
                        > Carolus will post the address to the list when the article is up on
                        > his site.
                        >
                        > Jon

                      • Eibhilin
                        Message 11 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                          I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                          Eibhilin

                          > Try http://rosesandivy.net
                          >

                          > On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:
                          >
                          > > Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
                          > > must have an error. no document, and no link that works
                          > >
                          > > Terrance
                          > > Atenveldt

                        • Terrance Timmons
                          Message 12 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                            maybe its browser related? im using ie7 at work, and IE8 at home

                            Terrance
                            atenveldt
                            I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                            Eibhilin

                            > Try http://rosesandivy.net
                            >

                            > On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:
                            >
                            > > Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
                            > > must have an error. no document, and no link that works
                            > >
                            > > Terrance
                            > > Atenveldt

                          • John edgerton
                            Message 13 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                              Edward

                              Thank you. I hope you will find some useful details when you have a
                              chance to read all of it.

                              Jon

                              On Dec 5, 2009, at 4:11 AM, Edward deWitt wrote:

                              > Carolus, thank you for posting this great article. Jon, thank you
                              > for such a labor to create this article. I have only skimmed the
                              > content, but it looks very thorough. The brain has already started
                              > devising shoots for some of the illustrations.
                              > Edward
                            • John edgerton
                              Message 14 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                Interesting. I click on the roseandivy address below and it takes me
                                straight to the site.

                                Carolus

                                Do you know what would cause this?

                                Jon

                                On Dec 5, 2009, at 9:00 AM, Eibhilin wrote:

                                > I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the
                                > direct links provided here.
                                > Eibhilin
                                >
                                > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Try http://rosesandivy.net
                                > >

                                > > On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:
                                > >
                                > > > Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
                                > > > must have an error. no document, and no link that works
                                > > >
                                > > > Terrance
                                > > > Atenveldt

                              • James of the Lake
                                Message 15 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                  I get to the site alright with Safari, but no article or links to one.

                                  James

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                    If anyone is still having trouble getting the article draft on the
                                    site, please email me and I will send you a copy.

                                    Jon
                                    On Dec 5, 2009, at 10:41 AM, James of the Lake wrote:

                                    > I get to the site alright with Safari, but no article or links to one.
                                    >
                                    > James
                                    >
                                    > On Dec 5, 2009, at 9:40 AM, John edgerton wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > Interesting. I click on the roseandivy address below and it takes me
                                    > > straight to the site.
                                    > >
                                    > > Carolus
                                    > >
                                    > > Do you know what would cause this?
                                    > >
                                    > > Jon
                                    > >
                                    > > On Dec 5, 2009, at 9:00 AM, Eibhilin wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > >> I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the
                                    > >> direct links provided here.
                                    > >> Eibhilin
                                    > >>
                                    > >> --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...>

                                  • Carolus
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                      What browser and operating system are you using?
                                      Carolus

                                      Eibhilin wrote:
                                      > I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                                      > Eibhilin
                                      >
                                      > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      >> Try http://rosesandivy.net
                                      >>

                                      >> On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:
                                      >>

                                      >>> Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
                                      >>> must have an error. no document, and no link that works
                                      >>>
                                      >>> Terrance
                                      >>> Atenveldt

                                    • Carolus
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                        It appears there are some issues with browser compatibility. I have
                                        been using Firefox with no problem. I have been able to duplicate the
                                        issue with IE 6 and IE8. An alternative which I confirmed works in both
                                        of these is to use the following url:

                                        http://rosesandivy.net/1draft.doc

                                        It opens the file directly and will allow the file to be saved.
                                        Carolus

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                          That link worked for me; I was able to open the file with Open Office
                                          and I think all of the pictures came through OK this time.

                                          Thanks, Carolus!

                                          James

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                            Glad to be able to help. I have plenty of space available for those big
                                            files which don't translate well to the list archives.
                                            Carolus

                                            James of the Lake wrote:
                                            > That link worked for me; I was able to open the file with Open Office
                                            > and I think all of the pictures came through OK this time.
                                            >
                                            > Thanks, Carolus!

                                          • Eibhilin
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                              Internet Explorer on Vista.

                                              > What browser and operating system are you using?
                                              > Carolus
                                              >
                                              > Eibhilin wrote:
                                              > > I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                                              > > Eibhilin
                                              > >
                                              > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > >> Try http://rosesandivy.net

                                            • Eibhilin
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                                Internet Exporer on Vista. Sir Jon did send me an email with it.
                                                Eibhlin

                                                > What browser and operating system are you using?
                                                > Carolus
                                                >
                                                > Eibhilin wrote:
                                                > > I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                                                > > Eibhilin
                                                > >
                                                > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > >> Try http://rosesandivy.net

                                              • Harry Billings

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                                    try deleting the space between dot and net

                                                    ________________________________
                                                    I'm seeing the same problem, too, even going straight off the direct links provided here.
                                                    Eibhilin

                                                    --- In SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com, John edgerton <sirjon1@... > wrote:

                                                    > Try http://rosesandivy. net
                                                    >

                                                    > On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Terry wrote:
                                                    >
                                                    > > Except the link goes to a page showing a string of HTML code that
                                                    > > must have an error. no document, and no link that works
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Terrance
                                                    > > Atenveldt

                                                  • alessandradebarbuzza
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Dec 6, 2009
                                                      I use Mozzila/FireFox and I could open it without an issue. You might want to consider using it. It's very good at keeping out viruses and such. Anyway, it's a suggestion considering I could open it. Thank you for the link.

                                                      Alessandra