Re: [SCA-Archery] target article

  • mccobalt@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
      Can you send it to me too?  I'd love to read it!

      Fearghus mac Domhnaill

      Bright Hills

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
        Jon, can you just upload the whole file (doc or pdf) to the group's
        files section? Then those who want can download it or read it online.

        Just a thought.

        Jim F

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
          I may. But, I will still have to break it into four parts. The file
          section has a 5mb limit for each file.

          Jon

          On Dec 1, 2009, at 4:34 PM, Jim F wrote:

          > Jon, can you just upload the whole file (doc or pdf) to the group's
          > files section? Then those who want can download it or read it online.
          >
          > Just a thought.
          >
          > Jim F
          >
          > John edgerton wrote:
          > > I am having problems with the size of the file. At 17 mb, it is too
          > > large for many of your mailboxes and has been bouncing. I am going
          > > to split it into 4 or five parts and resend. Have any of you that
          > > did receive it and have not yet emailed me about it, had problems
          > > with some of the pictures?
          > >
          > > Would PDF be better? However, in pdf it is 28mb and would have to be
          > > split in even more parts.
          > >
          > > Jon

        • Carolus
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
            I could put it on my web site for download.
            Carolus

            John Edgerton wrote:
            > I may. But, I will still have to break it into four parts. The file
            > section has a 5mb limit for each file.
            >
            > Jon

          • John edgerton
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
              Carollus

              Were you able to see all the pictures? If so, then I would be
              grateful if you could put the draft up on your site so that people
              could read and review and post the information here.

              The main cause of the size problem is the pictures in the in
              appendix, in the period target article. I had scanned most of those
              pictures from books in my library and I used way too high a
              resolution than was needed. Problem is .... my scanner is not
              working at this time, so I can not redscan them at a lower res. Does
              anyone know if there is any way of copying the existing pictures at a
              lower res and then re-inserting them?

              And thanks to those that have been able to review it and for your
              favorable comments.

              Thanks for you help.

              Jon, who uses a computer. But who does not really understand the
              darn things.

              On Dec 1, 2009, at 11:46 PM, Carolus wrote:

              > I could put it on my web site for download.
              > Carolus
              >
              > John Edgerton wrote:
              > > I may. But, I will still have to break it into four parts. The file
              > > section has a 5mb limit for each file.
              > >
              > > Jon

            • John edgerton
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
                I have managed to reduce the res of the the too high res photos. The
                file for the article is now about 6mb. I will need to clean up and
                reformat a bit, then I will send it out later today. The photos
                should all now be jpegs.