target article

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
      I am having problems with the size of the file. At 17 mb, it is too
      large for many of your mailboxes and has been bouncing. I am going
      to split it into 4 or five parts and resend. Have any of you that
      did receive it and have not yet emailed me about it, had problems
      with some of the pictures?

      Would PDF be better? However, in pdf it is 28mb and would have to be
      split in even more parts.

      Jon
    • mccobalt@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
        Can you send it to me too?  I'd love to read it!

        Fearghus mac Domhnaill

        Bright Hills

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
          Jon, can you just upload the whole file (doc or pdf) to the group's
          files section? Then those who want can download it or read it online.

          Just a thought.

          Jim F

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
            I may. But, I will still have to break it into four parts. The file
            section has a 5mb limit for each file.

            Jon

            On Dec 1, 2009, at 4:34 PM, Jim F wrote:

            > Jon, can you just upload the whole file (doc or pdf) to the group's
            > files section? Then those who want can download it or read it online.
            >
            > Just a thought.
            >
            > Jim F
            >
            > John edgerton wrote:
            > > I am having problems with the size of the file. At 17 mb, it is too
            > > large for many of your mailboxes and has been bouncing. I am going
            > > to split it into 4 or five parts and resend. Have any of you that
            > > did receive it and have not yet emailed me about it, had problems
            > > with some of the pictures?
            > >
            > > Would PDF be better? However, in pdf it is 28mb and would have to be
            > > split in even more parts.
            > >
            > > Jon

          • Carolus
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
              I could put it on my web site for download.
              Carolus

              John Edgerton wrote:
              > I may. But, I will still have to break it into four parts. The file
              > section has a 5mb limit for each file.
              >
              > Jon

            • John edgerton
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
                Carollus

                Were you able to see all the pictures? If so, then I would be
                grateful if you could put the draft up on your site so that people
                could read and review and post the information here.

                The main cause of the size problem is the pictures in the in
                appendix, in the period target article. I had scanned most of those
                pictures from books in my library and I used way too high a
                resolution than was needed. Problem is .... my scanner is not
                working at this time, so I can not redscan them at a lower res. Does
                anyone know if there is any way of copying the existing pictures at a
                lower res and then re-inserting them?

                And thanks to those that have been able to review it and for your
                favorable comments.

                Thanks for you help.

                Jon, who uses a computer. But who does not really understand the
                darn things.

                On Dec 1, 2009, at 11:46 PM, Carolus wrote:

                > I could put it on my web site for download.
                > Carolus
                >
                > John Edgerton wrote:
                > > I may. But, I will still have to break it into four parts. The file
                > > section has a 5mb limit for each file.
                > >
                > > Jon

              • John edgerton
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
                  I have managed to reduce the res of the the too high res photos. The
                  file for the article is now about 6mb. I will need to clean up and
                  reformat a bit, then I will send it out later today. The photos
                  should all now be jpegs.