Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

  • ronan mackee
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
      I would love to read this

      ronan Mackay
      antir archer

      ________________________________
      From: John edgerton <sirjon1@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 7:32:01 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Article review

      I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
      that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
      of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
      knowledge.

      I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
      Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".

      If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
      questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
      more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
      or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
      out. Please let me know.

      The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
      attachments.

      Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.

      When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
      this group.

      Thank you for any help you can give.

      Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West

    • Terrance Timmons
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
        please also send me a copy

        Terrance
        Atenveldt
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
          Thank you for the kind words. I had been collecting information for
          my use for a long time and felt that it was time I shared it.

          Jon

          On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:48 AM, ld.blackmoon wrote:

          > greetings
          >
          > for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is
          > a very good source .
          > as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
          > and well worth the time to read !
          > ( read it last night : )
          > thank you sir jon !
          > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
          > Arthur
        • Bill Moore
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
            I would also like one please.

            Edward
            AEthelmearc
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
              I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the American Indians bows and arrows.

              DER BARON
              Talmon

              To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
              From: eulenhorst@...
              Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
              Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

              I would be most interested in getting an early look at your latest

              journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.

              Carolus

              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                Would you please send me a copy.

                Mariana
                AEthelmearc

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                  Second attempt. In three parts.

                  ----------

                  Jon

                  On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Talmon Parker wrote:

                  > I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the
                  > American Indians bows and arrows.
                  >

                  > DER BARON
                  > Talmon
                  >

                  > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: eulenhorst@...
                  > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                  > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                  > I would be most interested in getting an early look at your
                  > latest
                  >
                  > journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
                  >
                  > Carolus
                  >

                  > John Edgerton wrote:
                  >
                  >> I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
                  >
                  >> that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
                  >
                  >> of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
                  >
                  >> knowledge.
                  >

                  >> I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
                  >
                  >> Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
                  >

                  >> If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
                  >
                  >> questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
                  >
                  >> more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
                  >
                  >> or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
                  >
                  >> out. Please let me know.
                  >

                  >> The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
                  >
                  >> attachments.
                  >

                  >> Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
                  >

                  >> When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
                  >
                  >> this group.
                  >

                  >> Thank you for any help you can give.
                  >

                  >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
                  >

                  >> ------------------------------------

                  >> 11/29/09 11:31:00

                  > 11/29/09 11:31:00

                • John edgerton
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                    Part 2

                    ----------

                    On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Talmon Parker wrote:

                    > I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the
                    > American Indians bows and arrows.
                    >

                    > DER BARON
                    > Talmon
                    >

                    > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: eulenhorst@...
                    > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                    > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                    > I would be most interested in getting an early look at your
                    > latest
                    >
                    > journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
                    >
                    > Carolus
                    >

                    > John Edgerton wrote:
                    >
                    >> I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
                    >
                    >> that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
                    >
                    >> of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
                    >
                    >> knowledge.
                    >

                    >> I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
                    >
                    >> Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
                    >

                    >> If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
                    >
                    >> questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
                    >
                    >> more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
                    >
                    >> or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
                    >
                    >> out. Please let me know.
                    >

                    >> The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
                    >
                    >> attachments.
                    >

                    >> Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
                    >

                    >> When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
                    >
                    >> this group.
                    >

                    >> Thank you for any help you can give.
                    >

                    >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
                    >

                    >> ------------------------------------

                    >> 11/29/09 11:31:00

                    > 11/29/09 11:31:00

                  • Dave Poulin
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 3, 2009
                      Sir Jon,

                      While I look forward to the finished product I do NOT want a copy now since you have certainly gathered more information that I have at my limited disposal... I eagerly await the publishing in the files section here...

                      Lord Antony

                      Thank you for the kind words. I had been collecting information for
                      my use for a long time and felt that it was time I shared it.

                      Jon

                      On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:48 AM, ld.blackmoon wrote:

                      > greetings
                      >
                      > for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is
                      > a very good source .
                      > as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
                      > and well worth the time to read !
                      > ( read it last night : )
                      > thank you sir jon !
                      > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
                      > Arthur

                    • John edgerton
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 4, 2009
                        Thank you for offering to review my article.

                        Jon
                        On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:43 PM, MMYurko@... wrote:

                        > Would you please send me a copy.
                        >
                        > Mariana
                        > AEthelmearc

                      • Ronald Klick
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                          Sir Jon,

                          Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to help review it
                          for you and look forward to the final product.

                          Osmond de Berwic
                          Barony of Stonemarche
                          East Kingdom

                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                            Goto http://rosesandivy.net for a copy.

                            Thank you for your offer to review.

                            Jon

                            On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Ronald Klick wrote:

                            > Sir Jon,
                            >
                            > Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to
                            > help review it
                            > for you and look forward to the final product.
                            >
                            > Osmond de Berwic
                            > Barony of Stonemarche
                            > East Kingdom

                          • Harry Billings
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                              <a class=mt3 href="1draft.doc>Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf's Period Archery Target Article

                              This is all that I get for a link on the web page IE8 on vista

                              plachoya
                              Ansteorra

                              > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                              > From: sirjon1@...
                              > Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:36:05 -0800
                              > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review
                              >
                              > Goto http://rosesandivy.net for a copy.
                              >
                              > Thank you for your offer to review.
                              >
                              > Jon
                              >
                              > On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Ronald Klick wrote:
                              >
                              > > Sir Jon,
                              > >
                              > > Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to
                              > > help review it
                              > > for you and look forward to the final product.
                              > >
                              > > Osmond de Berwic
                              > > Barony of Stonemarche
                              > > East Kingdom

                            • John edgerton
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 10, 2009
                                Have those of you that have my article had the time to read it and
                                see if you feel there are any corrections or clarifications needed?
                                If so, could you please email me with them. I would like to write
                                the final draft and get it up in the files section and on other sites
                                so that I can start on an other article.

                                Thank you for your help.