Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Article review

  • ld.blackmoon
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
      greetings

      for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is a very good source .
      as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
      and well worth the time to read !
      ( read it last night : )
      thank you sir jon !
      Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
      Arthur
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
        I would love to read this

        ronan Mackay
        antir archer

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
          please also send me a copy

          Terrance
          Atenveldt
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
            Thank you for the kind words. I had been collecting information for
            my use for a long time and felt that it was time I shared it.

            Jon

            On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:48 AM, ld.blackmoon wrote:

            > greetings
            >
            > for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is
            > a very good source .
            > as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
            > and well worth the time to read !
            > ( read it last night : )
            > thank you sir jon !
            > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
            > Arthur
          • Bill Moore
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
              I would also like one please.

              Edward
              AEthelmearc
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the American Indians bows and arrows.

                DER BARON
                Talmon

                To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                From: eulenhorst@...
                Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                I would be most interested in getting an early look at your latest

                journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.

                Carolus

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                  Would you please send me a copy.

                  Mariana
                  AEthelmearc

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                    Second attempt. In three parts.

                    ----------

                    Jon

                    On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Talmon Parker wrote:

                    > I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the
                    > American Indians bows and arrows.
                    >

                    > DER BARON
                    > Talmon
                    >

                    > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: eulenhorst@...
                    > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                    > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                    > I would be most interested in getting an early look at your
                    > latest
                    >
                    > journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
                    >
                    > Carolus
                    >

                    > John Edgerton wrote:
                    >
                    >> I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
                    >
                    >> that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
                    >
                    >> of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
                    >
                    >> knowledge.
                    >

                    >> I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
                    >
                    >> Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
                    >

                    >> If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
                    >
                    >> questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
                    >
                    >> more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
                    >
                    >> or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
                    >
                    >> out. Please let me know.
                    >

                    >> The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
                    >
                    >> attachments.
                    >

                    >> Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
                    >

                    >> When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
                    >
                    >> this group.
                    >

                    >> Thank you for any help you can give.
                    >

                    >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
                    >

                    >> ------------------------------------

                    >> 11/29/09 11:31:00

                    > 11/29/09 11:31:00

                  • John edgerton
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                      Part 2

                      ----------

                      On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Talmon Parker wrote:

                      > I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the
                      > American Indians bows and arrows.
                      >

                      > DER BARON
                      > Talmon
                      >

                      > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: eulenhorst@...
                      > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                      > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                      > I would be most interested in getting an early look at your
                      > latest
                      >
                      > journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
                      >
                      > Carolus
                      >

                      > John Edgerton wrote:
                      >
                      >> I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
                      >
                      >> that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
                      >
                      >> of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
                      >
                      >> knowledge.
                      >

                      >> I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
                      >
                      >> Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
                      >

                      >> If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
                      >
                      >> questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
                      >
                      >> more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
                      >
                      >> or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
                      >
                      >> out. Please let me know.
                      >

                      >> The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
                      >
                      >> attachments.
                      >

                      >> Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
                      >

                      >> When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
                      >
                      >> this group.
                      >

                      >> Thank you for any help you can give.
                      >

                      >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
                      >

                      >> ------------------------------------

                      >> 11/29/09 11:31:00

                      > 11/29/09 11:31:00

                    • Dave Poulin
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 3, 2009
                        Sir Jon,

                        While I look forward to the finished product I do NOT want a copy now since you have certainly gathered more information that I have at my limited disposal... I eagerly await the publishing in the files section here...

                        Lord Antony

                        Thank you for the kind words. I had been collecting information for
                        my use for a long time and felt that it was time I shared it.

                        Jon

                        On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:48 AM, ld.blackmoon wrote:

                        > greetings
                        >
                        > for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is
                        > a very good source .
                        > as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
                        > and well worth the time to read !
                        > ( read it last night : )
                        > thank you sir jon !
                        > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
                        > Arthur

                      • John edgerton
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 4, 2009
                          Thank you for offering to review my article.

                          Jon
                          On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:43 PM, MMYurko@... wrote:

                          > Would you please send me a copy.
                          >
                          > Mariana
                          > AEthelmearc

                        • Ronald Klick
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                            Sir Jon,

                            Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to help review it
                            for you and look forward to the final product.

                            Osmond de Berwic
                            Barony of Stonemarche
                            East Kingdom

                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                              Goto http://rosesandivy.net for a copy.

                              Thank you for your offer to review.

                              Jon

                              On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Ronald Klick wrote:

                              > Sir Jon,
                              >
                              > Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to
                              > help review it
                              > for you and look forward to the final product.
                              >
                              > Osmond de Berwic
                              > Barony of Stonemarche
                              > East Kingdom

                            • Harry Billings
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                                <a class=mt3 href="1draft.doc>Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf's Period Archery Target Article

                                This is all that I get for a link on the web page IE8 on vista

                                plachoya
                                Ansteorra

                                > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                                > From: sirjon1@...
                                > Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:36:05 -0800
                                > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review
                                >
                                > Goto http://rosesandivy.net for a copy.
                                >
                                > Thank you for your offer to review.
                                >
                                > Jon
                                >
                                > On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Ronald Klick wrote:
                                >
                                > > Sir Jon,
                                > >
                                > > Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to
                                > > help review it
                                > > for you and look forward to the final product.
                                > >
                                > > Osmond de Berwic
                                > > Barony of Stonemarche
                                > > East Kingdom

                              • John edgerton
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 10, 2009
                                  Have those of you that have my article had the time to read it and
                                  see if you feel there are any corrections or clarifications needed?
                                  If so, could you please email me with them. I would like to write
                                  the final draft and get it up in the files section and on other sites
                                  so that I can start on an other article.

                                  Thank you for your help.