Re: Article review

  • Egil
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
      I too would be very interested in reading your material and writtings. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

      Egil

      you can post it in the files section if you like.

      > I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
      > that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
      > of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
      > knowledge.
      >
      > I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
      > Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
      >
      > If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
      > questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
      > more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
      > or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
      > out. Please let me know.
      >
      > The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
      > attachments.
      >
      > Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
      >
      > When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
      > this group.
      >
      > Thank you for any help you can give.
      >
      > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West

    • J C Ronsen
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
        Or, post it in the files section on the Yahoo group site.

        Caleb from Work Land

        On Nov 30, 2009, Carolus <eulenhorst@...> wrote:

        I would be most interested in getting an early look at your latest
        journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
        Carolus

        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
          I too would like to see this article.

          Thank You

          In Service
          Ihon MacLucas
          CarregWen Captain of Archers
          aka Steve Casort

        • ld.blackmoon
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
            greetings

            for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is a very good source .
            as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
            and well worth the time to read !
            ( read it last night : )
            thank you sir jon !
            Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
            Arthur
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
              I would love to read this

              ronan Mackay
              antir archer

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                please also send me a copy

                Terrance
                Atenveldt
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                  Thank you for the kind words. I had been collecting information for
                  my use for a long time and felt that it was time I shared it.

                  Jon

                  On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:48 AM, ld.blackmoon wrote:

                  > greetings
                  >
                  > for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is
                  > a very good source .
                  > as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
                  > and well worth the time to read !
                  > ( read it last night : )
                  > thank you sir jon !
                  > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
                  > Arthur
                • Bill Moore
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                    I would also like one please.

                    Edward
                    AEthelmearc
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                      I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the American Indians bows and arrows.

                      DER BARON
                      Talmon

                      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                      From: eulenhorst@...
                      Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                        Would you please send me a copy.

                        Mariana
                        AEthelmearc

                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                          Second attempt. In three parts.

                          ----------

                          Jon

                          On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Talmon Parker wrote:

                          > I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the
                          > American Indians bows and arrows.
                          >

                          > DER BARON
                          > Talmon
                          >

                          > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                          > From: eulenhorst@...
                          > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                          > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                          > I would be most interested in getting an early look at your
                          > latest
                          >
                          > journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
                          >
                          > Carolus
                          >

                          > John Edgerton wrote:
                          >
                          >> I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
                          >
                          >> that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
                          >
                          >> of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
                          >
                          >> knowledge.
                          >

                          >> I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
                          >
                          >> Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
                          >

                          >> If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
                          >
                          >> questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
                          >
                          >> more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
                          >
                          >> or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
                          >
                          >> out. Please let me know.
                          >

                          >> The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
                          >
                          >> attachments.
                          >

                          >> Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
                          >

                          >> When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
                          >
                          >> this group.
                          >

                          >> Thank you for any help you can give.
                          >

                          >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
                          >

                          >> ------------------------------------

                          >> 11/29/09 11:31:00

                          > 11/29/09 11:31:00

                        • John edgerton
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                            Part 2

                            ----------

                            On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Talmon Parker wrote:

                            > I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the
                            > American Indians bows and arrows.
                            >

                            > DER BARON
                            > Talmon
                            >

                            > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                            > From: eulenhorst@...
                            > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                            > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                            > I would be most interested in getting an early look at your
                            > latest
                            >
                            > journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
                            >
                            > Carolus
                            >

                            > John Edgerton wrote:
                            >
                            >> I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
                            >
                            >> that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
                            >
                            >> of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
                            >
                            >> knowledge.
                            >

                            >> I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
                            >
                            >> Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
                            >

                            >> If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
                            >
                            >> questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
                            >
                            >> more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
                            >
                            >> or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
                            >
                            >> out. Please let me know.
                            >

                            >> The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
                            >
                            >> attachments.
                            >

                            >> Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
                            >

                            >> When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
                            >
                            >> this group.
                            >

                            >> Thank you for any help you can give.
                            >

                            >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
                            >

                            >> ------------------------------------

                            >> 11/29/09 11:31:00

                            > 11/29/09 11:31:00

                          • Dave Poulin
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 3, 2009
                              Sir Jon,

                              While I look forward to the finished product I do NOT want a copy now since you have certainly gathered more information that I have at my limited disposal... I eagerly await the publishing in the files section here...

                              Lord Antony

                              Thank you for the kind words. I had been collecting information for
                              my use for a long time and felt that it was time I shared it.

                              Jon

                              On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:48 AM, ld.blackmoon wrote:

                              > greetings
                              >
                              > for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is
                              > a very good source .
                              > as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
                              > and well worth the time to read !
                              > ( read it last night : )
                              > thank you sir jon !
                              > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
                              > Arthur

                            • John edgerton
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 4, 2009
                                Thank you for offering to review my article.

                                Jon
                                On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:43 PM, MMYurko@... wrote:

                                > Would you please send me a copy.
                                >
                                > Mariana
                                > AEthelmearc

                              • Ronald Klick
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                                  Sir Jon,

                                  Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to help review it
                                  for you and look forward to the final product.

                                  Osmond de Berwic
                                  Barony of Stonemarche
                                  East Kingdom

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                                    Goto http://rosesandivy.net for a copy.

                                    Thank you for your offer to review.

                                    Jon

                                    On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Ronald Klick wrote:

                                    > Sir Jon,
                                    >
                                    > Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to
                                    > help review it
                                    > for you and look forward to the final product.
                                    >
                                    > Osmond de Berwic
                                    > Barony of Stonemarche
                                    > East Kingdom

                                  • Harry Billings
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                                      <a class=mt3 href="1draft.doc>Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf's Period Archery Target Article

                                      This is all that I get for a link on the web page IE8 on vista

                                      plachoya
                                      Ansteorra

                                      > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                                      > From: sirjon1@...
                                      > Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:36:05 -0800
                                      > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review
                                      >
                                      > Goto http://rosesandivy.net for a copy.
                                      >
                                      > Thank you for your offer to review.
                                      >
                                      > Jon
                                      >
                                      > On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Ronald Klick wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > Sir Jon,
                                      > >
                                      > > Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to
                                      > > help review it
                                      > > for you and look forward to the final product.
                                      > >
                                      > > Osmond de Berwic
                                      > > Barony of Stonemarche
                                      > > East Kingdom

                                    • John edgerton
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Dec 10, 2009
                                        Have those of you that have my article had the time to read it and
                                        see if you feel there are any corrections or clarifications needed?
                                        If so, could you please email me with them. I would like to write
                                        the final draft and get it up in the files section and on other sites
                                        so that I can start on an other article.

                                        Thank you for your help.