Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

  • ld.blackmoon
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 30, 2009
      greetings

      i too would like to read said article : )

      Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
      Arthur
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
        Please send me a copy.

        THNX,

        Donald E. Munsey, Jr. dmunseyjr@...

        Associate Professor of Mathematics

        Louisiana Delta Community College

        4014 LaSalle Street

        Monroe, LA 71203

        NOT sent from a Blackberry (or any other fruity device) - I can't afford
        one!

        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
          I too would be very interested in reading your material and writtings. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

          Egil

          you can post it in the files section if you like.

          > I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
          > that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
          > of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
          > knowledge.
          >
          > I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
          > Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
          >
          > If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
          > questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
          > more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
          > or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
          > out. Please let me know.
          >
          > The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
          > attachments.
          >
          > Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
          >
          > When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
          > this group.
          >
          > Thank you for any help you can give.
          >
          > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West

        • J C Ronsen
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
            Or, post it in the files section on the Yahoo group site.

            Caleb from Work Land

            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
              I too would like to see this article.

              Thank You

              In Service
              Ihon MacLucas
              CarregWen Captain of Archers
              aka Steve Casort

            • ld.blackmoon
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                greetings

                for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is a very good source .
                as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
                and well worth the time to read !
                ( read it last night : )
                thank you sir jon !
                Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
                Arthur
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                  I would love to read this

                  ronan Mackay
                  antir archer

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                    please also send me a copy

                    Terrance
                    Atenveldt
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                      Thank you for the kind words. I had been collecting information for
                      my use for a long time and felt that it was time I shared it.

                      Jon

                      On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:48 AM, ld.blackmoon wrote:

                      > greetings
                      >
                      > for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is
                      > a very good source .
                      > as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
                      > and well worth the time to read !
                      > ( read it last night : )
                      > thank you sir jon !
                      > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
                      > Arthur
                    • Bill Moore
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                        I would also like one please.

                        Edward
                        AEthelmearc
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                          I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the American Indians bows and arrows.

                          DER BARON
                          Talmon

                          To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                          From: eulenhorst@...
                          Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800

                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                            Would you please send me a copy.

                            Mariana
                            AEthelmearc

                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                              Second attempt. In three parts.

                              ----------

                              Jon

                              On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Talmon Parker wrote:

                              > I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the
                              > American Indians bows and arrows.
                              >

                              > DER BARON
                              > Talmon
                              >

                              > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                              > From: eulenhorst@...
                              > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                              > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                              > I would be most interested in getting an early look at your
                              > latest
                              >
                              > journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
                              >
                              > Carolus
                              >

                              > John Edgerton wrote:
                              >
                              >> I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
                              >
                              >> that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
                              >
                              >> of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
                              >
                              >> knowledge.
                              >

                              >> I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
                              >
                              >> Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
                              >

                              >> If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
                              >
                              >> questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
                              >
                              >> more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
                              >
                              >> or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
                              >
                              >> out. Please let me know.
                              >

                              >> The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
                              >
                              >> attachments.
                              >

                              >> Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
                              >

                              >> When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
                              >
                              >> this group.
                              >

                              >> Thank you for any help you can give.
                              >

                              >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
                              >

                              >> ------------------------------------

                              >> 11/29/09 11:31:00

                              > 11/29/09 11:31:00

                            • John edgerton
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                                Part 2

                                ----------

                                On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Talmon Parker wrote:

                                > I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the
                                > American Indians bows and arrows.
                                >

                                > DER BARON
                                > Talmon
                                >

                                > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                                > From: eulenhorst@...
                                > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                                > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                                > I would be most interested in getting an early look at your
                                > latest
                                >
                                > journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
                                >
                                > Carolus
                                >

                                > John Edgerton wrote:
                                >
                                >> I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
                                >
                                >> that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
                                >
                                >> of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
                                >
                                >> knowledge.
                                >

                                >> I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
                                >
                                >> Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
                                >

                                >> If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
                                >
                                >> questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
                                >
                                >> more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
                                >
                                >> or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
                                >
                                >> out. Please let me know.
                                >

                                >> The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
                                >
                                >> attachments.
                                >

                                >> Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
                                >

                                >> When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
                                >
                                >> this group.
                                >

                                >> Thank you for any help you can give.
                                >

                                >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
                                >

                                >> ------------------------------------

                                >> 11/29/09 11:31:00

                                > 11/29/09 11:31:00

                              • Dave Poulin
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 3, 2009
                                  Sir Jon,

                                  While I look forward to the finished product I do NOT want a copy now since you have certainly gathered more information that I have at my limited disposal... I eagerly await the publishing in the files section here...

                                  Lord Antony

                                  Thank you for the kind words. I had been collecting information for
                                  my use for a long time and felt that it was time I shared it.

                                  Jon

                                  On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:48 AM, ld.blackmoon wrote:

                                  > greetings
                                  >
                                  > for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is
                                  > a very good source .
                                  > as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
                                  > and well worth the time to read !
                                  > ( read it last night : )
                                  > thank you sir jon !
                                  > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
                                  > Arthur

                                • John edgerton
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 4, 2009
                                    Thank you for offering to review my article.

                                    Jon
                                    On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:43 PM, MMYurko@... wrote:

                                    > Would you please send me a copy.
                                    >
                                    > Mariana
                                    > AEthelmearc

                                  • Ronald Klick
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                                      Sir Jon,

                                      Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to help review it
                                      for you and look forward to the final product.

                                      Osmond de Berwic
                                      Barony of Stonemarche
                                      East Kingdom

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                                        Goto http://rosesandivy.net for a copy.

                                        Thank you for your offer to review.

                                        Jon

                                        On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Ronald Klick wrote:

                                        > Sir Jon,
                                        >
                                        > Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to
                                        > help review it
                                        > for you and look forward to the final product.
                                        >
                                        > Osmond de Berwic
                                        > Barony of Stonemarche
                                        > East Kingdom

                                      • Harry Billings
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                                          <a class=mt3 href="1draft.doc>Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf's Period Archery Target Article

                                          This is all that I get for a link on the web page IE8 on vista

                                          plachoya
                                          Ansteorra

                                          > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                                          > From: sirjon1@...
                                          > Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:36:05 -0800
                                          > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review
                                          >
                                          > Goto http://rosesandivy.net for a copy.
                                          >
                                          > Thank you for your offer to review.
                                          >
                                          > Jon
                                          >
                                          > On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Ronald Klick wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > Sir Jon,
                                          > >
                                          > > Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to
                                          > > help review it
                                          > > for you and look forward to the final product.
                                          > >
                                          > > Osmond de Berwic
                                          > > Barony of Stonemarche
                                          > > East Kingdom

                                        • John edgerton
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Dec 10, 2009
                                            Have those of you that have my article had the time to read it and
                                            see if you feel there are any corrections or clarifications needed?
                                            If so, could you please email me with them. I would like to write
                                            the final draft and get it up in the files section and on other sites
                                            so that I can start on an other article.

                                            Thank you for your help.