Article review

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 30, 2009
      I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
      that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
      of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
      knowledge.

      I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
      Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".

      If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
      questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
      more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
      or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
      out. Please let me know.

      The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
      attachments.

      Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.

      When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
      this group.

      Thank you for any help you can give.

      Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
    • Carolus
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 30, 2009
        I would be most interested in getting an early look at your latest
        journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
        Carolus

        John Edgerton wrote:
        > I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
        > that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
        > of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
        > knowledge.
        >
        > I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
        > Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
        >
        > If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
        > questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
        > more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
        > or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
        > out. Please let me know.
        >
        > The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
        > attachments.
        >
        > Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
        >
        > When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
        > this group.
        >
        > Thank you for any help you can give.
        >
        > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West

      • ld.blackmoon
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 30, 2009
          greetings

          i too would like to read said article : )

          Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
          Arthur

          John Edgerton wrote:
          > I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
          > that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
          > of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
          > knowledge.
          >
          > I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
          > Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
          >
          > If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
          > questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
          > more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
          > or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
          > out. Please let me know.
          >
          > The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
          > attachments.
          >
          > Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
          >
          > When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
          > this group.
          >
          > Thank you for any help you can give.
          >
          > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West

        • Don & Marsha Munsey Jr
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
            Please send me a copy.

            THNX,

            Donald E. Munsey, Jr. dmunseyjr@...

            Associate Professor of Mathematics

            Louisiana Delta Community College

            4014 LaSalle Street

            Monroe, LA 71203

            NOT sent from a Blackberry (or any other fruity device) - I can't afford
            one!

            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
              I too would be very interested in reading your material and writtings. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

              Egil

              you can post it in the files section if you like.

              > I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
              > that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
              > of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
              > knowledge.
              >
              > I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
              > Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
              >
              > If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
              > questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
              > more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
              > or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
              > out. Please let me know.
              >
              > The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
              > attachments.
              >
              > Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
              >
              > When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
              > this group.
              >
              > Thank you for any help you can give.
              >
              > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West

            • J C Ronsen
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                Or, post it in the files section on the Yahoo group site.

                Caleb from Work Land

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                  I too would like to see this article.

                  Thank You

                  In Service
                  Ihon MacLucas
                  CarregWen Captain of Archers
                  aka Steve Casort

                • ld.blackmoon
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                    greetings

                    for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is a very good source .
                    as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
                    and well worth the time to read !
                    ( read it last night : )
                    thank you sir jon !
                    Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
                    Arthur
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                      I would love to read this

                      ronan Mackay
                      antir archer

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                        please also send me a copy

                        Terrance
                        Atenveldt
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                          Thank you for the kind words. I had been collecting information for
                          my use for a long time and felt that it was time I shared it.

                          Jon

                          On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:48 AM, ld.blackmoon wrote:

                          > greetings
                          >
                          > for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is
                          > a very good source .
                          > as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
                          > and well worth the time to read !
                          > ( read it last night : )
                          > thank you sir jon !
                          > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
                          > Arthur
                        • Bill Moore
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                            I would also like one please.

                            Edward
                            AEthelmearc
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                              I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the American Indians bows and arrows.

                              DER BARON
                              Talmon

                              To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                              From: eulenhorst@...
                              Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800

                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                                Would you please send me a copy.

                                Mariana
                                AEthelmearc

                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                                  Second attempt. In three parts.

                                  ----------

                                  Jon

                                  On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Talmon Parker wrote:

                                  > I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the
                                  > American Indians bows and arrows.
                                  >

                                  > DER BARON
                                  > Talmon
                                  >

                                  > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                                  > From: eulenhorst@...
                                  > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                                  > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                                  > I would be most interested in getting an early look at your
                                  > latest
                                  >
                                  > journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
                                  >
                                  > Carolus
                                  >

                                  > John Edgerton wrote:
                                  >
                                  >> I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
                                  >
                                  >> that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
                                  >
                                  >> of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
                                  >
                                  >> knowledge.
                                  >

                                  >> I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
                                  >
                                  >> Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
                                  >

                                  >> If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
                                  >
                                  >> questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
                                  >
                                  >> more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
                                  >
                                  >> or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
                                  >
                                  >> out. Please let me know.
                                  >

                                  >> The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
                                  >
                                  >> attachments.
                                  >

                                  >> Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
                                  >

                                  >> When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
                                  >
                                  >> this group.
                                  >

                                  >> Thank you for any help you can give.
                                  >

                                  >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
                                  >

                                  >> ------------------------------------

                                  >> 11/29/09 11:31:00

                                  > 11/29/09 11:31:00

                                • John edgerton
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 1, 2009
                                    Part 2

                                    ----------

                                    On Dec 1, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Talmon Parker wrote:

                                    > I too would like to see the report. Most of my short list is of the
                                    > American Indians bows and arrows.
                                    >

                                    > DER BARON
                                    > Talmon
                                    >

                                    > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                                    > From: eulenhorst@...
                                    > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:04:53 -0800
                                    > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review

                                    > I would be most interested in getting an early look at your
                                    > latest
                                    >
                                    > journalistic endeavor. Attachment size is no problem for me.
                                    >
                                    > Carolus
                                    >

                                    > John Edgerton wrote:
                                    >
                                    >> I have a favor to ask of those interested and willing. I believe
                                    >
                                    >> that this SCA archery group has many archers that are knowledgeable
                                    >
                                    >> of the history of medieval archery. I would like to make use of your
                                    >
                                    >> knowledge.
                                    >

                                    >> I just finished the draft of an illustrated article on "Medieval and
                                    >
                                    >> Renaissance Archery Contests and Targets".
                                    >

                                    >> If you are interested in reading it and informing me of any
                                    >
                                    >> questions or comments you may have on how to improve it or make it
                                    >
                                    >> more clear. Or if you should happen to know of a period competition
                                    >
                                    >> or target, with a source for this information, that I have left
                                    >
                                    >> out. Please let me know.
                                    >

                                    >> The attachment is 16.2 kb. If needed I can break it into two
                                    >
                                    >> attachments.
                                    >

                                    >> Please let me know and I shall send you a copy.
                                    >

                                    >> When I have the final article, I will put it in the files section of
                                    >
                                    >> this group.
                                    >

                                    >> Thank you for any help you can give.
                                    >

                                    >> Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West
                                    >

                                    >> ------------------------------------

                                    >> 11/29/09 11:31:00

                                    > 11/29/09 11:31:00

                                  • Dave Poulin
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 3, 2009
                                      Sir Jon,

                                      While I look forward to the finished product I do NOT want a copy now since you have certainly gathered more information that I have at my limited disposal... I eagerly await the publishing in the files section here...

                                      Lord Antony

                                      Thank you for the kind words. I had been collecting information for
                                      my use for a long time and felt that it was time I shared it.

                                      Jon

                                      On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:48 AM, ld.blackmoon wrote:

                                      > greetings
                                      >
                                      > for anyone interested in period targets, and period shoots this is
                                      > a very good source .
                                      > as well as the possible sca adaptations ,
                                      > and well worth the time to read !
                                      > ( read it last night : )
                                      > thank you sir jon !
                                      > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
                                      > Arthur

                                    • John edgerton
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Dec 4, 2009
                                        Thank you for offering to review my article.

                                        Jon
                                        On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:43 PM, MMYurko@... wrote:

                                        > Would you please send me a copy.
                                        >
                                        > Mariana
                                        > AEthelmearc

                                      • Ronald Klick
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                                          Sir Jon,

                                          Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to help review it
                                          for you and look forward to the final product.

                                          Osmond de Berwic
                                          Barony of Stonemarche
                                          East Kingdom

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                                            Goto http://rosesandivy.net for a copy.

                                            Thank you for your offer to review.

                                            Jon

                                            On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Ronald Klick wrote:

                                            > Sir Jon,
                                            >
                                            > Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to
                                            > help review it
                                            > for you and look forward to the final product.
                                            >
                                            > Osmond de Berwic
                                            > Barony of Stonemarche
                                            > East Kingdom

                                          • Harry Billings
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Dec 5, 2009
                                              <a class=mt3 href="1draft.doc>Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf's Period Archery Target Article

                                              This is all that I get for a link on the web page IE8 on vista

                                              plachoya
                                              Ansteorra

                                              > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
                                              > From: sirjon1@...
                                              > Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:36:05 -0800
                                              > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Article review
                                              >
                                              > Goto http://rosesandivy.net for a copy.
                                              >
                                              > Thank you for your offer to review.
                                              >
                                              > Jon
                                              >
                                              > On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Ronald Klick wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > Sir Jon,
                                              > >
                                              > > Please forward me a copy. I and some of my friends would like to
                                              > > help review it
                                              > > for you and look forward to the final product.
                                              > >
                                              > > Osmond de Berwic
                                              > > Barony of Stonemarche
                                              > > East Kingdom

                                            • John edgerton
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Dec 10, 2009
                                                Have those of you that have my article had the time to read it and
                                                see if you feel there are any corrections or clarifications needed?
                                                If so, could you please email me with them. I would like to write
                                                the final draft and get it up in the files section and on other sites
                                                so that I can start on an other article.

                                                Thank you for your help.