RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: Looking for steel roller-nut

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 17, 2009
      By light I would mean less than 200 lb. But that is not using wooden dowel
      rod material, but using a round sawn from a thick board and the notch cut
      from the end grain of the round and the sear in the other end grain. Oh yea
      do not even think about an axel for a wood nut. If it does not stay in the
      "nut hole" nusfaden (sp) it in.

      James Cunningham

      If for a crossbow, horn would be more period appropriate. The Delrin that is
      available on Alcheminc.com is intended to substitute for horn. You will
      still have to shape it yourself.

      If the prod is light enough, it can be done from hardwood. I have even heard
      of it being done as lamination.

      James