Re: [SCA-Archery] Decent, cheap bow

  • Brad Boda d'Aylward
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 12, 2009
      We have a 'Used Mart' locally which handles used recurves. Bear in mind that
      in Penna that anything over 45lbs is considered a hunting bow and the price
      about doubles over the lower poundage bows. This is a state which closes
      many buisnesses and some schools for the first day of hunting season.
      There's a good chance that there are two or three bows hanging there now.
      Just know what to look for re: inspection or take a marshal along with you.
      I've seen some badly twisted bows which would not pass SCA inspections
      hanging on that wall.

      Brad

      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Decent, cheap bow

      I have a good/bad problem. My older sister has started to shoot with me.
      Bad: She keeps stealing my bow. Good: She's shooting with me, not at me :)

      I'd like to get her a bow of her own for Christmas, but I'm having trouble
      finding a one. I'd like to get her a 35 lb. recurve. I have a budget of
      about $100. Any suggestions?

      Thank you for your help,

      Bryn
    • colan_kynkade
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 12, 2009
        Does your area have any 55lb or higher left hand recurves per chance? Id really like to know. Colan

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Boda d'Aylward" <bradb@...> wrote:

        > We have a 'Used Mart' locally which handles used recurves. Bear in mind that
        > in Penna that anything over 45lbs is considered a hunting bow and the price
        > about doubles over the lower poundage bows. This is a state which closes
        > many buisnesses and some schools for the first day of hunting season.
        > There's a good chance that there are two or three bows hanging there now.
        > Just know what to look for re: inspection or take a marshal along with you.
        > I've seen some badly twisted bows which would not pass SCA inspections
        > hanging on that wall.
        >
        > Brad
        >

        > Subject: [SCA-Archery] Decent, cheap bow
        >

        > I have a good/bad problem. My older sister has started to shoot with me.
        > Bad: She keeps stealing my bow. Good: She's shooting with me, not at me :)
        >
        > I'd like to get her a bow of her own for Christmas, but I'm having trouble
        > finding a one. I'd like to get her a 35 lb. recurve. I have a budget of
        > about $100. Any suggestions?
        >
        > Thank you for your help,
        >
        > Bryn

      • Terrance Timmons
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 12, 2009
          Were are you located? I have some people who are looking for some good used bows. I am in Atenveldt/Arizona

          Terrance

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 12, 2009
            I know someone in Metro Phoenix that has a few light weight target bows they may be pursuaded to part with. But they are hard to make contact with.

            Plus I have a 70# Martin Longbow I would like to sell

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Terrance Timmons" <TerryT@...> wrote:

            > Were are you located? I have some people who are looking for some good used bows. I am in Atenveldt/Arizona
            >
            > Terrance
          • bryn_archer
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 13, 2009
              Thank you for all the information. I know she's going to love it, and I look forward to shooting with you in the future.

              Bryn
            • Brad Boda d'Aylward
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 16, 2009
                I'll look the next I'm over there. Couple of days.

                Brad

                Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: Decent, cheap bow

                Does your area have any 55lb or higher left hand recurves per chance? Id
                really like to know. Colan

                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Boda d'Aylward" <bradb@...> wrote:

                > We have a 'Used Mart' locally which handles used recurves. >
                > Brad

              • Brad Boda d'Aylward
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 23, 2009
                  North/Central Pennsylvania