Re: [SCA-Archery] Decent, cheap bow

  • locm@osprey.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 9, 2009
      Ragim also carries a good low priced recurve bow. You might check
      into them.

      Leif of Crescent Moon
      bryn_archer wrote:
      > I have a good/bad problem. My older sister has started to shoot
      with me. Bad: She keeps stealing my bow. Good: She's shooting with
      me, not at me :)

      > I'd like to get her a bow of her own for Christmas, but I'm having
      trouble finding a one. I'd like to get her a 35 lb. recurve. I have a
      budget of about $100. Any suggestions?

      > Thank you for your help,
      >
      > Bryn

    • Brad Boda d'Aylward
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 12, 2009
        We have a 'Used Mart' locally which handles used recurves. Bear in mind that
        in Penna that anything over 45lbs is considered a hunting bow and the price
        about doubles over the lower poundage bows. This is a state which closes
        many buisnesses and some schools for the first day of hunting season.
        There's a good chance that there are two or three bows hanging there now.
        Just know what to look for re: inspection or take a marshal along with you.
        I've seen some badly twisted bows which would not pass SCA inspections
        hanging on that wall.

        Brad

        Subject: [SCA-Archery] Decent, cheap bow

        I have a good/bad problem. My older sister has started to shoot with me.
        Bad: She keeps stealing my bow. Good: She's shooting with me, not at me :)

        I'd like to get her a bow of her own for Christmas, but I'm having trouble
        finding a one. I'd like to get her a 35 lb. recurve. I have a budget of
        about $100. Any suggestions?

        Thank you for your help,

        Bryn
      • colan_kynkade
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 12, 2009
          Does your area have any 55lb or higher left hand recurves per chance? Id really like to know. Colan

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Boda d'Aylward" <bradb@...> wrote:

          > We have a 'Used Mart' locally which handles used recurves. Bear in mind that
          > in Penna that anything over 45lbs is considered a hunting bow and the price
          > about doubles over the lower poundage bows. This is a state which closes
          > many buisnesses and some schools for the first day of hunting season.
          > There's a good chance that there are two or three bows hanging there now.
          > Just know what to look for re: inspection or take a marshal along with you.
          > I've seen some badly twisted bows which would not pass SCA inspections
          > hanging on that wall.
          >
          > Brad
          >

          > Subject: [SCA-Archery] Decent, cheap bow
          >

          > I have a good/bad problem. My older sister has started to shoot with me.
          > Bad: She keeps stealing my bow. Good: She's shooting with me, not at me :)
          >
          > I'd like to get her a bow of her own for Christmas, but I'm having trouble
          > finding a one. I'd like to get her a 35 lb. recurve. I have a budget of
          > about $100. Any suggestions?
          >
          > Thank you for your help,
          >
          > Bryn

        • Terrance Timmons
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 12, 2009
            Were are you located? I have some people who are looking for some good used bows. I am in Atenveldt/Arizona

            Terrance

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 12, 2009
              I know someone in Metro Phoenix that has a few light weight target bows they may be pursuaded to part with. But they are hard to make contact with.

              Plus I have a 70# Martin Longbow I would like to sell

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Terrance Timmons" <TerryT@...> wrote:

              > Were are you located? I have some people who are looking for some good used bows. I am in Atenveldt/Arizona
              >
              > Terrance
            • bryn_archer
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 13, 2009
                Thank you for all the information. I know she's going to love it, and I look forward to shooting with you in the future.

                Bryn
              • Brad Boda d'Aylward
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 16, 2009
                  I'll look the next I'm over there. Couple of days.

                  Brad

                  Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: Decent, cheap bow

                  Does your area have any 55lb or higher left hand recurves per chance? Id
                  really like to know. Colan

                  --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Boda d'Aylward" <bradb@...> wrote:

                  > We have a 'Used Mart' locally which handles used recurves. >
                  > Brad

                • Brad Boda d'Aylward
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 23, 2009
                    North/Central Pennsylvania