Re: [SCA-Archery] Great Western War

  • Carolus
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 10, 2009
      Just to allay any fears of the authorization process allow me to make a
      statement. I no longer have any official standing other than my Senior
      Range Marshal position however, as Master of Archers for Caid in the
      past I never had a problem with out of kingdom archers and
      authorizations. I accepted the standards of their home kingdom but
      explained Caid's process and had virtually all of them choose to be
      authorized by the full process including the open book test. No one had
      a problem passing even without using the book. The questions are based
      on common sense and safety and will already be included in any other
      kingdom's training. Typical questions would be "What does Hold mean?"
      or "When may an arrow be loosed in a speed end?" If anyone wants to
      look at the handbook in advance it is online at the Marshal's section of
      http://sca-caid.org .

      A question was raised as to Crossbow in the championship. In past wars
      provision was made for crossbows if enough showed up. I don't know if
      suitable backstops will be available this year but I would expect them
      to be there.
      Carolus

      John Edgerton wrote:
      > To all archers that may be attending GWW. It would be a good idea to
      > post this information on your kingdom archery site and general
      > kingdom site as well. That way your archers will have some of the
      > information they need before they get to GWW. This is important
      > because of the requirement to be authorized in Caid to participate,
      > they may need to read the Caid Archers Handbook. See below for its
      > location.
      >
      > Jon, West

    • Caterina Fortuna
      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 7, 2012

        It was awesome!
        Thanks for the chance to expand our archery family. Surviving this heat made us stronger. Lol
        We are having fun in Caid. It was fun shooting with so many new friends. The moving target was a blast. Ingenious, too.

        I slept thru the coon fry that lit up the pavilion like it was noon. Charred and smoking, it fell from the night sky. I feel a song coming on... Nope. Just a yawn.
        Caterina Fortuna and Dmitrii Luchnikov
        AnTir