Arrow Supplier?

  • Jessica
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 30, 2009
      Hi,

      I'm new to the group and have been shooting for a couple of months now with borrowed arrows.  Can anyone suggest where I can find a decent set of arrows for my first set?  Hoping for nothing hugely expensive, although I know all good ones aren't cheap.

      Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

      Svana

    • ld.blackmoon
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 30, 2009
        greetings

        where are you located ?
        you might ask around and see who in your area , is making arrows , and if they know enough to make a matched to your bow type, draw length, draw weight, etc.
        Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
        Arthur
        I'm new to the group and have been shooting for a couple of months now with borrowed arrows. Can anyone suggest where I can find a decent set of arrows for my first set? Hoping for nothing hugely expensive, although I know all good ones aren't cheap.

        Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

        Svana

      • Dayrl Merrill
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 31, 2009
          If you can not find someone closer I have been making and selling in the Middle Kingdom for several years.

          Rask Ulfbjorn,
          Viking Archery Supply
          www.dmerrill.com

          you might ask around and see who in your area , is making arrows , and if they know enough to make a matched to your bow type, draw length, draw weight, etc.
          Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
          Arthur
          I'm new to the group and have been shooting for a couple of months now with borrowed arrows. Can anyone suggest where I can find a decent set of arrows for my first set? Hoping for nothing hugely expensive, although I know all good ones aren't cheap.

          Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

          Svana

        • iamanirishrose
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 31, 2009
            Hi to both Svana & Duncan. Please fogive me for putting these two posts together. I've been doing SCA archery for only a very short time, as well, so, I'm still a newbie, too, I guess.

            I can tell ya'll not from actual experience but from research, for arrow supplies I'd reccomend 3rivers.com & for finished arrows elkridgearchery.com. I met someone with a set of their period arrows (after I found them online & started drooling over them) & they were IMO very well made & very beautiful. You can also find finished arrows on ebay, I've seen them, I have a couple of sellers in my watch list, though I won't attest to that quality because I've not laid hands on a set.

            You will find arrow making equipment & supplies to be a lot of pocket to start with if you do everything at once, but you'll have your own stuff to do your own arrows. Or you can spend a little less to have someone else do them for you, if it's not your forte.

            Me? I'm trying to put my own supplies together to do mine myself. Depending on how many one goes through, that's the cheaper path and it's a good idea to have your own repair supplies.

            Eibhlin Nuinseann
            Ardanroe, Gleann Abhann

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Jessica <jessg74@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I'm new to the group and have been shooting for a couple of months now with borrowed arrows.  Can anyone suggest where I can find a decent set of arrows for my first set?  Hoping for nothing hugely expensive, although I know all good ones aren't cheap.
            >
            > Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
            >
            > Svana

          • ld.blackmoon
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31, 2009
              greetings

              another option is to borrow , or use another archers equipment while you are learning to make arrows , this allows you to spread out your equipment / supply purchases, but still allows you to make period arrows .
              and yes, both suppliers mentioned are good reputable companies in my experience.
              Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
              Arthur
              Hi to both Svana & Duncan. Please fogive me for putting these two posts together. I've been doing SCA archery for only a very short time, as well, so, I'm still a newbie, too, I guess.

              I can tell ya'll not from actual experience but from research, for arrow supplies I'd reccomend 3rivers.com & for finished arrows elkridgearchery.com. I met someone with a set of their period arrows (after I found them online & started drooling over them) & they were IMO very well made & very beautiful. You can also find finished arrows on ebay, I've seen them, I have a couple of sellers in my watch list, though I won't attest to that quality because I've not laid hands on a set.

              You will find arrow making equipment & supplies to be a lot of pocket to start with if you do everything at once, but you'll have your own stuff to do your own arrows. Or you can spend a little less to have someone else do them for you, if it's not your forte.

              Me? I'm trying to put my own supplies together to do mine myself. Depending on how many one goes through, that's the cheaper path and it's a good idea to have your own repair supplies.

              Eibhlin Nuinseann
              Ardanroe, Gleann Abhann

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Jessica <jessg74@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > I'm new to the group and have been shooting for a couple of months now with borrowed arrows. Can anyone suggest where I can find a decent set of arrows for my first set? Hoping for nothing hugely expensive, although I know all good ones aren't cheap.
              >
              > Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
              >
              > Svana

            • iamanirishrose
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 31, 2009
                I screwed up the website address for 3Rivers. It's 3riversarchery.com. Sorry.

                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "iamanirishrose" <iamanirishrose@...> wrote:

                > Hi to both Svana & Duncan. Please fogive me for putting these two posts together. I've been doing SCA archery for only a very short time, as well, so, I'm still a newbie, too, I guess.
                >
                > I can tell ya'll not from actual experience but from research, for arrow supplies I'd reccomend 3rivers.com & for finished arrows elkridgearchery.com. I met someone with a set of their period arrows (after I found them online & started drooling over them) & they were IMO very well made & very beautiful. You can also find finished arrows on ebay, I've seen them, I have a couple of sellers in my watch list, though I won't attest to that quality because I've not laid hands on a set.
                >
                > You will find arrow making equipment & supplies to be a lot of pocket to start with if you do everything at once, but you'll have your own stuff to do your own arrows. Or you can spend a little less to have someone else do them for you, if it's not your forte.
                >
                > Me? I'm trying to put my own supplies together to do mine myself. Depending on how many one goes through, that's the cheaper path and it's a good idea to have your own repair supplies.
                >
                > Eibhlin Nuinseann
                > Ardanroe, Gleann Abhann
                >

                > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Jessica <jessg74@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > I'm new to the group and have been shooting for a couple of months now with borrowed arrows.  Can anyone suggest where I can find a decent set of arrows for my first set?  Hoping for nothing hugely expensive, although I know all good ones aren't cheap.
                > >
                > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
                > >
                > > Svana

              • Cleve Johnson
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 31, 2009
                  I highly recommend 3Rivers Archery.  I bought my arrow making tools and materials from there, and I received them in two or three business days (I live in the same state where they are located).  I am very impressed with them.

                  Eadric of Grenfeld

                  Cleve Johnson
                  lighttrek@...
                  www.books.lighttrek.com

                  "Fortitudine vincimus"
                  (By endurance we conquer)

                  ________________________________
                  Hi to both Svana & Duncan. Please fogive me for putting these two posts together. I've been doing SCA archery for only a very short time, as well, so, I'm still a newbie, too, I guess.

                  I can tell ya'll not from actual experience but from research, for arrow supplies I'd reccomend 3rivers.com & for finished arrows elkridgearchery. com. I met someone with a set of their period arrows (after I found them online & started drooling over them) & they were IMO very well made & very beautiful. You can also find finished arrows on ebay, I've seen them, I have a couple of sellers in my watch list, though I won't attest to that quality because I've not laid hands on a set.

                  You will find arrow making equipment & supplies to be a lot of pocket to start with if you do everything at once, but you'll have your own stuff to do your own arrows. Or you can spend a little less to have someone else do them for you, if it's not your forte.

                  Me? I'm trying to put my own supplies together to do mine myself. Depending on how many one goes through, that's the cheaper path and it's a good idea to have your own repair supplies.

                  Eibhlin Nuinseann
                  Ardanroe, Gleann Abhann

                  --- In SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com, Jessica <jessg74@... > wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > I'm new to the group and have been shooting for a couple of months now with borrowed arrows.  Can anyone suggest where I can find a decent set of arrows for my first set?  Hoping for nothing hugely expensive, although I know all good ones aren't cheap.
                  >
                  > Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
                  >
                  > Svana

                • Dayrl Merrill
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 31, 2009
                    KustomKingArchery.com Typically has better prices than 3rivers and have worked well with me for years.

                    Rask
                    Hi to both Svana & Duncan. Please fogive me for putting these two posts together. I've been doing SCA archery for only a very short time, as well, so, I'm still a newbie, too, I guess.

                    I can tell ya'll not from actual experience but from research, for arrow supplies I'd reccomend 3rivers.com & for finished arrows elkridgearchery.com. I met someone with a set of their period arrows (after I found them online & started drooling over them) & they were IMO very well made & very beautiful. You can also find finished arrows on ebay, I've seen them, I have a couple of sellers in my watch list, though I won't attest to that quality because I've not laid hands on a set.

                    You will find arrow making equipment & supplies to be a lot of pocket to start with if you do everything at once, but you'll have your own stuff to do your own arrows. Or you can spend a little less to have someone else do them for you, if it's not your forte.

                    Me? I'm trying to put my own supplies together to do mine myself. Depending on how many one goes through, that's the cheaper path and it's a good idea to have your own repair supplies.

                    Eibhlin Nuinseann
                    Ardanroe, Gleann Abhann

                    --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Jessica <jessg74@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > I'm new to the group and have been shooting for a couple of months now with borrowed arrows. Can anyone suggest where I can find a decent set of arrows for my first set? Hoping for nothing hugely expensive, although I know all good ones aren't cheap.
                    >
                    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
                    >
                    > Svana

                  • Jessica
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 31, 2009
                      Thank you to all that responded.  I'm in the East Kingdom/BBM.  I've yet to find out who makes some arrows locally, but I'll definitely check out your suggestions!

                      Svana