Re: [SCA-Archery] Bow choices for Experienced Shooters

  • Steven Chang
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2009
      if you want expensive. Black Widow has a take down version of their long bow:

      http://ns1.bowsite.org/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=9&User_ID=1919127&st=4405&st2=46859211&st3=-71389530&CATID=1&Product_ID=92&count=1&Pcount=4&DETAIL=1

      On 8/20/09, locm@... <locm@...> wrote:

      > Try googling Pronghorn bows. They are a little pricey but a very
      > good shooting bow.
      >
      > Leif of Crescent Moon, Calontir archer
      > On Thu 08/20/09 9:31 AM , "misasai" Misasai@... sent:
      > I have been shooting for many year, gone thru several bow and shoot
      > in SCA and NAA events using wood arrow and SCA bows. I am at a point
      > in my live that I need a bow w/ the flexability of a take down
      > recurve but use as a long bow for NAA shooting. I have seen some take
      > down long bows that are 3 pieces and I like that idea.
      > Does anyone have suggestions that I could consider? I have been
      > seeing sites like Dryadbows.com.
      > James Everglad
    • ICE TIGER
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2009
        Checkmate makes a two piece take down, i believe it's called the Crusader. try www.recurves.com
        Dalton

        > I have been shooting for many year, gone thru several bow and
        > shoot in SCA and NAA events using wood arrow and SCA bows. I am
        > at a point in my live that I need a bow w/ the flexability of a
        > take down recurve but use as a long bow for NAA shooting. I have
        > seen some take down long bows that are 3 pieces and I like that
        > idea.
        >
        > Does anyone have suggestions that I could consider? I have been
        > seeing sites like Dryadbows.com.
        >
        > James Everglad

      • Lee Reynolds
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2009
          I've been looking at Black Widow. Are they as good as they appear, or
          is it just good marketing?

          I'm looking to upgrade from my starter to a nice longbow, but there
          are just too many choices. Any consensus on what works best for SCA
          tournaments and practice?

          Lee Reynolds