Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Sitka Spruce Shafts

  • Steven Chang
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 17, 2009
      ok if you want to be technical, I technically do exactly the same
      thing you do at 40 yards. From 20-30 yards I just look at where I want
      to shoot and launch the arrows. From 40-60 yards I use the tip of the
      arrows to line up a point somewhere near the target.

      once beyond 60 yards I use your definition of gap shooting (using the
      tip is technically considered gap shooting also). Since my arrow
      disappears from my field of view, i use the bow or my hand for my
      point of aim. The 100 yard aim point coincides with the joint on the
      bottom limb of my take-down recurve.

      I had some of that laziness problem too, I was taught how to get
      around that... First make sure you always have positive tension on the
      string... meaning you never stop pulling even when you hit your anchor
      point. Second, make sure the tension feels equal between your front
      hand and back hand. Between those two, you can stop the laziness,
      shoulder creep, etc.