Re: [SCA-Archery] range set up

  • Alexandre Saint Pierre
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2009
      The standard types of shoots I've seen here in the East Kingdom and their
      details:

      Royal Round & IKAC - 60 cm rounds at 20, 30 and 40 yards. Center of the
      target ~3 feet off the ground.

      Advancing Soldiers - "man sized" targets at 60, 50, 40, 30, 20 and 10

      Castle Window - a slot, 6 or so inches wide, 18-24" tall, usually at 30
      yards.

      Clout - a 30 foot diameter circle on the ground with a target (soldier or
      window) in the center, with the center at 100 yards.

      As Caedmon mentioned, novelty shoots are often at close distances, often
      random, un-announced distances to challenge those archers who usually shoot
      at 20, 30 and 40 yards. I've seen targets for "roving ranges" or "woods
      walks" anywhere from 5 to 30 yards, depends on the terrain.

      -Alexandre