Pennsic Archery champion team

  • Sam Cohen
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 18 7:44 PM
      To the archer's of the Middle Kingdom and its allies,

      If you would like to be on the Pennsic Archery Champion team, please send
      email to me at zzdragon@... . The shoot will be start at 9:00am
      Sunday on 8/2/09.

      I would like the following information:

      Real Name.

      SCA Name

      Kingdom

      Date you are getting to Pennsic

      Were you are camping

      Email and a phone # ( in case I need to talk to you before Pennsic)

      War Point Champion's Shoot

      !. Walk-About-Shoot: To be planned by Robert the Grey, to be kept a secret
      from all

      participants until the shoot begins. It will consist of 10 targets with
      no more than 3

      speed shoots. As usual the sides will split their archers into 10
      groups, which will shoot

      in a group with the other side/s.

      2. Walk-up Shoot: 6 stations at unknown yardage. One time for the entire
      shoot (to be

      determined with the length of the course can be determined). Each side
      shooting

      separately. Two arrows at each station. Target is a warrior centered in
      a 15 yard radius

      circle. Start at the furthest station, everyone must shoot 2 arrows
      before any archer can

      advance, then all archers advance quickly (have to stay within the
      allotted time) to next

      station. If an archer's equipment malfunctions then that archer drops
      out.

      1 point for each arrow in the circle

      2 points for each arrow anywhere in the warrior

      3. Advancing Army: timed (30 seconds), 6 kneeling or standing warriors at
      staggered

      unknown distances between 20 to 50 yards. No more than one arrow per
      target. Each

      side to shoot separately

      1 point for each arrow in a warrior (kill zone)

      Please pass this message to any groups or list

      Thank you,

      Neko Me

      Lt. General for Archery

    • John and Carol Atkins
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 19 11:42 AM
        After consulting the schedule for Pennsic posted on the Pennsic web site it becomes obvious that the champion shoot is scheduled on the same day of opening ceremonies. As the champion shoot typically takes 4 - 5 hours to complete and opening ceremonies take usually at least 3 hours, set up, waiting, etc., some archers who should be on the champion team may not be able to shoot due to duties in opening ceremonies. Is it possible that an error was made regarding the posted schedule? Or was this simply an evil ploy to keep some of the better, involved archers off the team (the last part was a joke for those who need it pointed out!).

        cog
      • Keith
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 19 8:18 PM
          No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the field at 8.
          Neko
          After consulting the schedule for Pennsic posted on the Pennsic web site it becomes obvious that the champion shoot is scheduled on the same day of opening ceremonies. As the champion shoot typically takes 4 - 5 hours to complete and opening ceremonies take usually at least 3 hours, set up, waiting, etc., some archers who should be on the champion team may not be able to shoot due to duties in opening ceremonies. Is it possible that an error was made regarding the posted schedule? Or was this simply an evil ploy to keep some of the better, involved archers off the team (the last part was a joke for those who need it pointed out!).

          cog

        • Siegfried
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 20 6:33 AM
            But Neko. You confirm then that it will be taking place During the
            opening Ceremonies?

            Siegfried

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:18 PM, "Keith" <zzdragon@...> wrote:

            > No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the
            > field at 8.
            > Neko

          • J C Ronsen
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 20 6:47 AM
              And the qualifier shoot will be held when? On Saturday?

              Caleb from Work Land

              On Jul 20, 2009, Siegfried <SiegfriedFaust@...> wrote:

              But Neko. You confirm then that it will be taking place During the
              opening Ceremonies?

              Siegfried

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:18 PM, "Keith" <zzdragon@...> wrote:

              > No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the
              > field at 8.
              > Neko

            • James Koch
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 20 8:35 AM
                Gentlemen and Ladies,

                That is another issue. If we are going to require people to shoot in
                more than one qualifying shoot, as in recent years, fewer and fewer
                people will be able to try out if the shoot continues to be held
                earlier in the event.

                Jim Koch "Gladius"

                >At 09:47 AM 7/20/2009, you wrote:
                >

                >And the qualifier shoot will be held when? On Saturday?
                >
                >Caleb from Work Land
                >
                >On Jul 20, 2009, Siegfried
                ><<mailto:SiegfriedFaust%40gmail.com>SiegfriedFaust@...> wrote:
                >
                >But Neko. You confirm then that it will be taking place During the
                >opening Ceremonies?
                >
                >Siegfried
                >
                >Sent from my iPhone
                >
                >On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:18 PM, "Keith"
                ><<mailto:zzdragon%40sbcglobal.net>zzdragon@...> wrote:
                >
                > > No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the
                > > field at 8.
                > > Neko

              • Robert
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 20 10:24 PM
                  Speak to your Royalty. They are the ones who decide which days the shoots will be held on. Personally I would like to see it later in the week. It would give more opprotunity for archers to participate. None the less, I will have my range ready for a 9 am Sundy start.
                  Robert

                  > Gentlemen and Ladies,
                  > >
                  > That is another issue. If we are going to require people to shoot in
                  > more than one qualifying shoot, as in recent years, fewer and fewer
                  > people will be able to try out if the shoot continues to be held
                  > earlier in the event.
                  > >
                  > Jim Koch "Gladius"
                  > >

                  > >At 09:47 AM 7/20/2009, you wrote:
                  > >

                  > >And the qualifier shoot will be held when? On Saturday?
                  > >
                  > >Caleb from Work Land
                  > >
                  > >On Jul 20, 2009, Siegfried
                  > ><<mailto:SiegfriedFaust%40gmail.com>SiegfriedFaust@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > >But Neko. You confirm then that it will be taking place During the
                  > >opening Ceremonies?
                  > >
                  > >Siegfried
                  > >
                  > >Sent from my iPhone
                  > >
                  > >On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:18 PM, "Keith"
                  > ><<mailto:zzdragon%40sbcglobal.net>zzdragon@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the
                  > > > field at 8.
                  > > > Neko

                • Keith
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 21 10:24 PM
                    Yes, On Satuday. at 5
                    Neko Me
                    And the qualifier shoot will be held when? On Saturday?

                    Caleb from Work Land

                    On Jul 20, 2009, Siegfried <SiegfriedFaust@...> wrote:

                    But Neko. You confirm then that it will be taking place During the
                    opening Ceremonies?

                    Siegfried

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:18 PM, "Keith" <zzdragon@...> wrote:

                    > No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the
                    > field at 8.
                    > Neko

                  • Keith
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 21 10:24 PM