Pennsic Archery champion team

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 8, 2009
      To the archer's of the Middle Kingdom and its allies,

      If you would like to be on the Pennsic Archery Champion team, please send email to me at zzdragon@... . The shoot will be start at 9:00am Sunday on 8/2/09.

      I would like the following information:

      Real Name.

      SCA Name

      Kingdom

      Date you are getting to Pennsic

      Were you are camping

      Email and a phone # ( in case I need to talk to you before Pennsic)

      War Point Champion's Shoot

      !. Walk-About-Shoot: To be planned by Robert the Grey, to be kept a secret from all

      participants until the shoot begins. It will consist of 10 targets with no more than 3

      speed shoots. As usual the sides will split their archers into 10 groups, which will shoot

      in a group with the other side/s.

      2. Walk-up Shoot: 6 stations at unknown yardage. One time for the entire shoot (to be

      determined with the length of the course can be determined). Each side shooting

      separately. Two arrows at each station. Target is a warrior centered in a 15 yard radius

      circle. Start at the furthest station, everyone must shoot 2 arrows before any archer can

      advance, then all archers advance quickly (have to stay within the allotted time) to next

      station. If an archer's equipment malfunctions then that archer drops out.

      1 point for each arrow in the circle

      2 points for each arrow anywhere in the warrior

      3. Advancing Army: timed (30 seconds), 6 kneeling or standing warriors at staggered

      unknown distances between 20 to 50 yards. No more than one arrow per target. Each

      side to shoot separately

      1 point for each arrow in a warrior (kill zone)

      Please pass this message to any groups or list

      Thank you,

      Neko Me

      Lt. General for Archery

    • Dayrl Merrill
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 10, 2009
        Real Name: Dayrl Merrill

        SCA Name: Rask Ulfbjorn

        Kingdom: Middle

        Date getting to Pennsic: 26-Jul-2009

        Where you are camping: Sternfeld

        email & phone: dmerrill@... 765-289-2384

        Any or all if you need me.

        I will be merchanting as Viking Archery Supply and selling with Sharp Pointy Things.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 18, 2009
          To the archer's of the Middle Kingdom and its allies,

          If you would like to be on the Pennsic Archery Champion team, please send
          email to me at zzdragon@... . The shoot will be start at 9:00am
          Sunday on 8/2/09.

          I would like the following information:

          Real Name.

          SCA Name

          Kingdom

          Date you are getting to Pennsic

[...]

        • John and Carol Atkins
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 19, 2009
            After consulting the schedule for Pennsic posted on the Pennsic web site it becomes obvious that the champion shoot is scheduled on the same day of opening ceremonies. As the champion shoot typically takes 4 - 5 hours to complete and opening ceremonies take usually at least 3 hours, set up, waiting, etc., some archers who should be on the champion team may not be able to shoot due to duties in opening ceremonies. Is it possible that an error was made regarding the posted schedule? Or was this simply an evil ploy to keep some of the better, involved archers off the team (the last part was a joke for those who need it pointed out!).

            cog
          • Keith
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 19, 2009
              No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the field at 8.
              Neko
              After consulting the schedule for Pennsic posted on the Pennsic web site it becomes obvious that the champion shoot is scheduled on the same day of opening ceremonies. As the champion shoot typically takes 4 - 5 hours to complete and opening ceremonies take usually at least 3 hours, set up, waiting, etc., some archers who should be on the champion team may not be able to shoot due to duties in opening ceremonies. Is it possible that an error was made regarding the posted schedule? Or was this simply an evil ploy to keep some of the better, involved archers off the team (the last part was a joke for those who need it pointed out!).

              cog

            • Siegfried
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 20, 2009
                But Neko. You confirm then that it will be taking place During the
                opening Ceremonies?

                Siegfried

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:18 PM, "Keith" <zzdragon@...> wrote:

                > No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the
                > field at 8.
                > Neko

              • J C Ronsen
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 20, 2009
                  And the qualifier shoot will be held when? On Saturday?

                  Caleb from Work Land

                  On Jul 20, 2009, Siegfried <SiegfriedFaust@...> wrote:

                  But Neko. You confirm then that it will be taking place During the
                  opening Ceremonies?

                  Siegfried

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:18 PM, "Keith" <zzdragon@...> wrote:

                  > No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the
                  > field at 8.
                  > Neko

                • James Koch
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 20, 2009
                    Gentlemen and Ladies,

                    That is another issue. If we are going to require people to shoot in
                    more than one qualifying shoot, as in recent years, fewer and fewer
                    people will be able to try out if the shoot continues to be held
                    earlier in the event.

                    Jim Koch "Gladius"

                    >At 09:47 AM 7/20/2009, you wrote:
                    >

                    >And the qualifier shoot will be held when? On Saturday?
                    >
                    >Caleb from Work Land
                    >
                    >On Jul 20, 2009, Siegfried
                    ><<mailto:SiegfriedFaust%40gmail.com>SiegfriedFaust@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >But Neko. You confirm then that it will be taking place During the
                    >opening Ceremonies?
                    >
                    >Siegfried
                    >
                    >Sent from my iPhone
                    >
                    >On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:18 PM, "Keith"
                    ><<mailto:zzdragon%40sbcglobal.net>zzdragon@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the
                    > > field at 8.
                    > > Neko

                  • Robert
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 20, 2009
                      Speak to your Royalty. They are the ones who decide which days the shoots will be held on. Personally I would like to see it later in the week. It would give more opprotunity for archers to participate. None the less, I will have my range ready for a 9 am Sundy start.
                      Robert

                      > Gentlemen and Ladies,
                      > >
                      > That is another issue. If we are going to require people to shoot in
                      > more than one qualifying shoot, as in recent years, fewer and fewer
                      > people will be able to try out if the shoot continues to be held
                      > earlier in the event.
                      > >
                      > Jim Koch "Gladius"
                      > >

                      > >At 09:47 AM 7/20/2009, you wrote:
                      > >

                      > >And the qualifier shoot will be held when? On Saturday?
                      > >
                      > >Caleb from Work Land
                      > >
                      > >On Jul 20, 2009, Siegfried
                      > ><<mailto:SiegfriedFaust%40gmail.com>SiegfriedFaust@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > >But Neko. You confirm then that it will be taking place During the
                      > >opening Ceremonies?
                      > >
                      > >Siegfried
                      > >
                      > >Sent from my iPhone
                      > >
                      > >On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:18 PM, "Keith"
                      > ><<mailto:zzdragon%40sbcglobal.net>zzdragon@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the
                      > > > field at 8.
                      > > > Neko

                    • Keith
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 21, 2009
                        Yes, On Satuday. at 5
                        Neko Me
                        And the qualifier shoot will be held when? On Saturday?

                        Caleb from Work Land

                        On Jul 20, 2009, Siegfried <SiegfriedFaust@...> wrote:

                        But Neko. You confirm then that it will be taking place During the
                        opening Ceremonies?

                        Siegfried

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Jul 19, 2009, at 11:18 PM, "Keith" <zzdragon@...> wrote:

                        > No, the shoot will be starting at 9:00 am, so we need to be on the
                        > field at 8.
                        > Neko

                      • Keith
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 21, 2009